• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Port Townsend dirt drags tuff trucks expo

magnumv8

April 27-28 port townsend wa expo. tuff trucks dirt drags demolition derby and rollover contest. tech in starts at 8 am racing starts 11-12 everyone welcome help put on a show cash and awards.

Last edited:
I'll try and make it. We were able to make it a couple years ago and had a good time. :awesomework: Will there be any camping available?

invite everyone

Let's bring back a strong competitive but friendly event again to port Townsend many of us miss the many that once came. Let's make the event a biannual event we all want to come to any imput is welcome.

i'm hoping to get the word out to clubs

I would love to see all the clubs try to participate or come support we need to save any event and trail to continue the pursuit for our four wheeling community

I was very interested in competing in the timed obstacle course until I downloaded and read the tech requirements. Now I have a couple questions.

My battery is securely mounted outside the vehicle. Does it really need to be fully enclosed?

Define drive shaft "safety loop" does it need to be steel or can it be like a limit strap slung around the drive shaft and properly secured, I assume at the t-case end.

Oh, and no alcohol on the premises? Seriously? Camping, tough trucks, mud, live band, yet no drinking?

I was very interested in competing in the timed obstacle course until I downloaded and read the tech requirements. Now I have a couple questions.

My battery is securely mounted outside the vehicle. Does it really need to be fully enclosed?

Define drive shaft "safety loop" does it need to be steel or can it be like a limit strap slung around the drive shaft and properly secured, I assume at the t-case end.

Oh, and no alcohol on the premises? Seriously? Camping, tough trucks, mud, live band, yet no drinking?

My buggy was good to go mike. I used it there in the tough trucks a couple years ago with no issues. As for alchohl, they had an issue in the pits a few years ago and a chic in a beamer ran into a trailer almost hitting people due to drinking. Yes in the pit area!

My buggy was good to go mike. I used it there in the tough trucks a couple years ago with no issues. As for alchohl, they had an issue in the pits a few years ago and a chic in a beamer ran into a trailer almost hitting people due to drinking. Yes in the pit area!

Cool. I just want to get some clarification from MagnumYJ regarding the rules. Could be different than a couple years ago. Do you have drive shaft hoops on the buggy?

I get not allowing alcohol anywhere near the courses and pit area. Keeping the drivers sober is also completely understandable. But no alcohol walking around camp in the evening once the rig is parked for the day? I gotta be able to have a couple beers at camp.

So what is the tough truck course? Is it an obstacle course or what? Because I see you have the timed obstacle course on Saturday. I can't make Saturday and don't want to make the drive Sunday if the tough truck course isn't a course.

Thanks To everyone

Thanks everyone for helping put on a great event, we had a decent turnout and can't wait to see everyone at the MUD BOG during the Port Townsend fair in August, sorry i didn't get to reply do to health, but lets continue to establish a good turnout for a fun event and Thank Ed Neet at Peninsula Auto Wrecking for Sponsoring and putting on the event.

Thanks everyone for helping put on a great event, we had a decent turnout and can't wait to see everyone at the MUD BOG during the Port Townsend fair in August, sorry i didn't get to reply do to health, but lets continue to establish a good turnout for a fun event and Thank Ed Neet at Peninsula Auto Wrecking for Sponsoring and putting on the event.

I walked up to him before I left and shook his hand for putting on a fun event. He's a very nice guy. :awesomework::cool: