• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Power steering cooler

Man it idles really low. But if I turn it up it idles high for a few then creeps back down. But if I leave it there I'll try to shift and it ain't a good feeling. Ka bam! So I chose to idle low. :dunno: man this blows. I don't know **** about motors. Sad part is I have tried to read up on motors but something's I just don't get.

I run the 12 in PSC and KSE elixir fluid that WOD sells. Never had a buggy that the steering was so quiet and the cooler never gets too hot to touch.

Re:

I run a KRC pump and 4.5gpm valve with a psc resi and 20" derail twin pass heatsink with no issues. We'll except pump whine but that will be solved soon as my psc gets here.

I ran a tube and fun prior and had some boiling issues, even while using gm synthetic fluid.

Dual or single pass on the heatsink coolers? PSC sells both. Which is better?

Dual pass would package better on my crawler but I could make a single work.

The best way to make sure you don't have any issues down the road is to go over size on the GPM that the cooler flows, I have always gone at a minimum 2 GPM higher on the cooler than what the pump flows at peak pressure. Don't use any hard 90* fittings anywhere in the system , all they do is create heat which is what you don't want, all smooth 90* fittings.

Makes sense. I am running a PSC P-Pump on my LS and am about to swap over to a 2.75" DE ram on my D60 to squeeze out some more degrees of steering and hopefully make it steer better overall. I have been running a tube and fin type old trans cooler for a few years now and the fluid reservoir does get pretty hot to the touch. Its up front with no fan on it which may be the problem. Im going to switch over the a dual pass heat sink cooler and see if that and the new ram improves my steering when crawling.