• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

power stroke problems

reedracing87

powered by ford! what else is there?
Ive got a 02 7.3L powerstroke the ol lady was driving it a few days ago & she parked it & now it wont crank over wont do nothing all the lights come on jus wont crank or engage the starter...now the batteries was gittin weak but ive charged them both up any suggestions on where i should start lookin

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
Start here, I have had fivr 7.3ltr PSD and any info you need along with the fixes to ANY problems can be found here. Sounds like a problem I had with my 2000, I cant remember which fuse it is, I think its number 30, but it controls the fuel bowl heater, which isnt needed in the south, and if it blows it wont run. All you have to do is unplug the heater and replace the fuse.

If the truck is a auto u might want to try starting it in neutral the trans range sensor may be bad

do they glow plugs cycle? do you hear the fuel pump come on? do you have a volt meter where you could check for voltage at the starter?

No not on hand jus moved & havent brought tools to the new house yet..& from what i can tell every thing is working like it should except when u turn the key on over you get nothing

Get your hands on a volt meter. Go under the truck. Find the small wire to the starter solenoid, it is at the starter near the top. See if there is power (12 volts) on that wire while the key is in the START position.
If there is power on that wire and no cranky....you probably need a starter.
If you have no power there you need to look into the neutral start,key switch circuits to find out why.