• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PowerStroke

tbacon38

I blew my 99 7.3 PowerStroke the other day, does anyone know the best rebuild kits to get for it, or im looking for another motor to swap into it i would prefer one with low miles but i will take what i can get any help would be appreciated.

How many miles did it make it befor it let go? Did you have alot of programmer on it? May want to get ahold of Vanover we've got a buddy that deals in these motors and trucks all the time he may have a complete ready to go motor.

fordcontraption01 said:
How many miles did it make it befor it let go? Did you have alot of programmer on it? May want to get ahold of Vanover we've got a buddy that deals in these motors and trucks all the time he may have a complete ready to go motor.
260,000 the motor I have is rebuildable, I had a 250hp chip on it, 200/30% injectors, then the normal bolt on stuff, this truck has been worked its entire life, if anyone knows me i dont cut it any slack I have pulled across the scales and weighed 33,000 pounds at one time, I thought about going with the cummins but I really like the power of the powerstroke when I have hit a mountain and walked the dog on about every cummins I see, now dont get me wrong Cummins is great I just like the powerstroke, I will hollar at Vanover and see what he can do.

smurfy90 said:
Thats awesome, I like that but i will keep my stroker. im sure i can look around a find plenty of Fords out running cummins but it will be a endless batlle like it has been for years, actually a Ford won the 2012 Diesel Power challenge with a duramax in second then another ford in third im just saying. Not wanting to start a internet brawl just wanted some advice.

I have two buddies that should have what you need. Ill check and if they do ill pm there # to you.