• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pro comp mud tires

86sasRunner

any one run these tires? how do they work off road not worried about on road
Xtreme Mud Terrain
For the true off road enthusiast, Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain truck tires can rip through the harshest of environments with ease. Featuring Pro Comp

i'm running a set of 35x12.5r15's and they seem to do alright, i've only owned mud terrain type tires so that's all i can compare them to. i've never run bias ply swampers or anything like that so i can't compare then to that type of tire. compared to other mud tires they do good though, i've run them in the snow and mud so far and the treaded stayed cleaned out/ didn't get all gummed up. they have good street maners as well, and they don't make alot of road noise, even at 60-70 mph.

they only thing i don't like about them is the outside lugs aren't stagger like other mud tires and i can see that being a downfall if you really got stuck. overall they are a decent tire considering how much they cost compared to other mud tires.

my $.02

overall they are a decent tire considering how much they cost compared to other mud tires.
I thought the Pro Comps cost more than say, a BF Goodrich Mud Terrain? Matter of fact, Im about sure of it.

~T.J.

I thought the Pro Comps cost more than say, a BF Goodrich Mud Terrain? Matter of fact, Im about sure of it.

~T.J.

When i bought them it ended up costing me less than it would have to buy BFG's. 4wheelparts was haveing there buy 3 get one free sale plus free shipping and i got a $100 gift certificate. so when i bought them they where cheaper.

I double checked and your right the BFG's are a little less but not by much.

thanks but i dont look for mud i like 4wheeling. I try to stay out of the deep mud. thanks for all

up here if your looking for an all around tire for trail's go with the swamper or Irock's in bias..but if your looking for a street tire with alittle offroading then go with bfg's mud tarrain's:awesomework:

I have a set of procomp 35 x terrains and i hate them they suck on the trails,a few years ago a ran into a guy on the trail that had the mudds and ranted and raved about them thought they where the ****.Then i watched him slide off the side of a trail that everyone else was doing easily,i would stay a way from them for a trail tire.I bet they work good at the mall.Personally im switching over to 37" irock bias when i fix my rig.

Another tidbit of info to help youre desision.I bought a set of used 32" bfg mudds for my sj410 and i am really empressed with there trail manners you can steer out of muddy ruts very well with a frnt locker they dont slide they bite and go.But i want the extra sidewall durablity of the irocks on my big sammy.

Ive got 37" bias Iroks on my truck with only a locked rear, and I was going places with little trouble where my friend locked front and rear with MTRs was trying (and not going) to go. Another friend with 36" bias Iroks performed the same feat. Not that MTRs were an option, just stating that Iroks worked A LOT better in my opinion.

Anyway, my girlfriend Ashley just bought a set of used 35" Mud Terrains for her 4Runner, Im anxious to see how they do. Its mostly a daily driver, but weekend wheeler so it should be interesting.

I do know, that I am already pretty much sold on another set of Iroks. Id like to give the SXs a shot, but with how well I like my Iroks, its hard to justify spending the money to "experiment".

~T.J.

i have wheeled my procomps a few times now and they have done all right. obviously not as good as my iroks or sx's were but not terrible. the only reason i have them though is i got them in a trade. i wouldnt go out and buy them for wheeling.