• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PRO-INJECTION

shug

YARD SALE!!!
I've bought new a computer, TPS, and everything else that you can think of. Still have flooding, idleing, and backfiring problems! ??? :fish:

I don't know anybody (myself included) who has been able to get pro-jection to work right for very long.

Who's TPS system did you buy, Edelbrock or Holly, and did you buy it as a complete kit? If not, did you check the sensors and where is it mounted? I have an Edelbrock Pro Flo and have been told that it needed to be put right where my header meets the down pipe. I know NOTHING about tuning these bad boys, so I am at the mercy of the people who have worked on my engine.

Wes - you could probably slap some stock GM TBI on here for less $$ and be just fine.

The 2d Projection works fine. The older analog systems suck. If you have a MSD box try getting rid of it.

Look up Ahttp://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/FI on the web out of Tennesse for a less expensive unit.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..................... GO PROPANE ................

ONE WIRE

NO COMPUTER

NO FUSS

NO..........CONSTANT ADJUSTMENTS.........

ALSO RUNS............BETTER..............THAN FUEL INJECTION..............

SEEMS LIKE A NO BRAINER TO ME.............. :dblthumb:

rock mafia said:
I don't know anybody (myself included) who has been able to get pro-jection to work right for very long.

This is dead on fo sho :****: I bought a unit used once and after replacing every component with new ones it still didnt work right. I had a friend who worked in the tech dept. for Holley and he had horror stories about this setup.

I will not even entertain someones idea off putting projection on there vehicle it won't run
Affordable have been good systems for low $ invested

Friend of mine had no jection on his rig. When it sat for a while the jets would drip causing many of the problems you have explained for him to. You could take a plug out of it and the engine would be drowned in gas :gay:

A friend of mine....Drew Ellis......has built a whole fleet of jeeps , and all he uses is HOWELL set ups on them.....

they run great with NO problems...........on GM crate 350,s.......

and you can buy parts for them ANYWHERE..........

I was just tryin to RUFFLE a few feathers with the propane hoopla.........oh well...

seriously..........check out HOWELL TBI setups...somebody told me that EDLEBROCK makes a 4 barrel aluminum manifold for 5.7,s.

I've messed with a few of the brands mentioned above and all I gots to say is DO NOT DO PROJECTION!!!!

Howell was the last one I played with but still not 100% user freindly. Once I got it setup correct it ran great. Just took a couple of chips to get it right.

Accel DFI is awesome but you gotta know what you are doing and have to have a large bank account to get one.

I'd call Jims Performance and see what he recommends. That guy is the guru for injection kits.

It sux having a rig that wont run right in tha shop much less on a trail in tha middle of B.F.E. So tha Howel injection is a pretty easy set up :spin: