• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Balls Deep 4runner

Alpine4x4

Ok so I decided to make a buildup thread. Not much so far but plans are big and beyond fr this rig. I started with 1986 Toyota 4runner with a 22re. Found it on craigslist for $2800. Has a SAS with what looks to be RUF and 2

Last edited:
Luckily a friend of mine had a spare crank laying around and a few rods so I pillaged the crank and all the rods for $50! Score! Next the timing cover. Sweet this thing is ****ed. Timing cover was broken on the inside and **** was way off. Explains the shitty idle.

Next was to send the block, oil pan, timing cover, valve cover, and rods to be hot tanked and the block to be bored .40 over. Ordered up a full rebuild kit with gasket set, pistons, water pump, oil pump, and timing set. Then went to comp cams and got a comp cams 252s cam for it. Called up Marlincrawler and got one of his Heavy duty 1200lb semi metallic clutch

Last edited:
l_acf241bea4f2455484f928681ed7b8c9.jpg

Put the head on the block and hoisted it up. Time to drop this puppy in. While trying to line the studs up on the tranny I tell my friend to

Last edited:
New problem. Coolant leak. The coolant pipe that goes into the water pump on the passenger side wasn

Last edited:
This is my first real build so any constructive criticism is apreciated.

Heres a link to my myspace with more pics of the 4runner and the rig it replaced that I threw over the edge of a canyon:looser: :mad:

myspace.com/t0yb0y

You all look as retarded as one would imagine you to be.

You should get some boggers too.....

More pics.:corn:

:haha::haha::haha:

Good tale Ryan, it sounds oddly familiar to one I have about an '85 4runner. The lime green is the cows tits too. :D

When you get a front driveline under that thing, let me know.... I'll steal my brother's Comanche and we'll go braffin'!

Last edited:
I dont care

Me neither mines 16 too:redneck:

You should get some boggers too.....

More pics.:corn:
Boggers are going out for Iroks...:flipoff:

No more pics for you meanie head:haha:

:haha::haha::haha:

Good tale Ryan, it sounds oddly familiar to one I have about an '85 4runner. The lime green is the cows tits too. :D

When you get a front driveline under that thing, let me know.... I'll steal my brother's Comanche and we'll go braffin'!

I prolly wont be gettin a front driveline till around January. I plan on running dual cases so instead of having 2 made I'll get my duals then get a custom one made for it. Then some longs and iroks:awesomework:

:awesomework:

Kinda put this on the back burner. Think I found some dual cases that I might be able to get in January. Longs and hub gears from bobby will be ordered in January as well.

Probably order my front spring hangar later this month and swap in my new suspension parts. Extend the wheel base 1.5" front and rear.

After that I should have 2 sets of rear springs Matt since I got RUF so if you need a pair let me know. Also will have another tranny and t-case if I pick up that dual setup.

:awesomework:

Kinda put this on the back burner. Think I found some dual cases that I might be able to get in January. Longs and hub gears from bobby will be ordered in January as well.

Probably order my front spring hangar later this month and swap in my new suspension parts. Extend the wheel base 1.5" front and rear.

After that I should have 2 sets of rear springs Matt since I got RUF so if you need a pair let me know. Also will have another tranny and t-case if I pick up that dual setup.

Hmm... what kind of rear springs? I was going to play around with some longer shackles and maybe add a leaf or two in, but if you've got some half decent rears that will lift me up a bit, I might grab those from you when they're available. Let me know.

You guys gonna come pick that housing up or what fawker? :flipoff:

Just playin' with ya though, it's just sitting under the Jeep. Whenever you guys get it is fine with me.

Hmm... what kind of rear springs? I was going to play around with some longer shackles and maybe add a leaf or two in, but if you've got some half decent rears that will lift me up a bit, I might grab those from you when they're available. Let me know.

You guys gonna come pick that housing up or what fawker? :flipoff:

Just playin' with ya though, it's just sitting under the Jeep. Whenever you guys get it is fine with me.

I'm going to assume they are toy since they are on my toyota on the stock hangars:fawkdancesmiley: They are on top of 4" blocks right now so I think they might be 2" lift springs...not sure.

I've also got some springs on the front that I think are rears, not sure:eeek:

And yah we'll be over sometime this week to grab that thing. Gotta talk it over with project manager Mitch:haha: