• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project: Bumble Bee 5.3L V8 Swap!

under_psi said:
yeah, and blew it to hell in a hurry, but according to the faux asian, "it wasn't the supercharger...."
that too fast and furious **** doesn't work in jeeps

Well, my headers came in this weekend and today I painted and baked my headers....:D

IMG00083.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

Well, the motor came in today! but no tranny, Ecu and a damage Coil Pack...:( I gave Kelly @ CDI Racing and he said no problem! He said the Tranny is going to be here tomorrow! He is going to next day me the A/C Compress, Coil Pack, and ECU! I will post pics tomorrow when the Tranny Arrives.. :D Also, I am debating on transforming my Chevy NP231 to a Box4Rox and use my stock NP231? Im worried that my 3 planetary gear will be the weak link?

under_psi said:
the hp30 in da fwont won rikey aww dat powah....

Not Keeping the Hp30 for long...I thinking about a Spyder 609 Front in the end of the year...I just want to get most of my drivetrain done...

CharlieInTheTrees said:
Not Keeping the Hp30 for long...I thinking about a Spyder 609 Front in the end of the year...I just want to get most of my drivetrain done...

where you gonna get +$5k for that front axle? (oh, and that's doing it on the cheap....)

under_psi said:
where you gonna get +$5k for that front axle? (oh, and that's doing it on the cheap....)

Thats real cheep, I have been shopping and everything I come up with is around $6500

Cole said:
Thats real cheep, I have been shopping and everything I come up with is around $6500

that is a housing, cutting your own tubes, D60 outters (reid racing) yukon shafts, cheap randy's center section...and so on ....

when i priced one through spidertrax 2 years ago the axle total was +$7k.......JUST FOR THE FRONT....

blacksheep10 said:
ricky has a point. he has a v8 and 231. should be about the same.

318, 44RE, 241(4:1), and over 6000lbs. Broken 5 stock XJ axles, one ring and pinion, and one ARB. R&P and ARB was while in reverse. Running stock TJ shafts now and have had no issues.

blacksheep10 said:
241 has the same (2.72) low as 231. that's why I used you as a comparo. with appx same low and hp, his front should live on the street.

But Im Running 37" Tires... ;D Anyways, I only now missing a few parts and will be pulling the motor when I come back from my 2 week break. Im about to ship out my Harness and ECU Jim's Performance for a total of $525. That is for a Stand Alone Harness and Tuned ECU.....

Well, Here is the video of my motor and tranny.... :flipoff1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4AipiRb3mk