• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project: Bumble Bee 5.3L V8 Swap!

CharlieInTheTrees said:
Dam, I just notice the black guy. Didnt watch my own video.... :eek: He is my Room mate friend... :flipoff1:
Thought you azn doods did not like ninjas :dunno:

Well, I got the motor and tranny out of the Jeep. I will have to start taking off the factory motor mount off. Then start align stuff up..:D Ok...I need some Help! What are u guys using to Cool off your Gen III motors? I am talking about Radiators... Also any pics of people Modding this Ron Davis to fit there TJ Grill?

Here is a Pic with the Motor out..:D

IMG00089.jpg

I am looking at a Few...

Ron Davis
1A-24193D-1_small.jpg

* 24" wide x 19" tall x 3" thick (7.5" thick including fan)
* Standard filler neck
* Chevy double pass style outlets
* 1.5" inlet & 1.75" outlet diameter
* 16" Spal fan - 2360 CFM
* 2 rows of 1" wide tubes

Novak
radlock_filler_neck.jpg

Radlock HD
Without Tranny Cooler

Advance Adapter Radiator
Without Tranny Cooler

Radiator Barn $330 Special?

BTW Danica Patrick is :woody:

I would go with ron davis. Mine keeps my 6.0 very cool with flex a lite fans. The fans hardly run. and thats not danica patrick, its ashley force :flipoff1: But danica is hot too hitit

I run a Howe dual pass. pretty much the same size as that one you posted, if I remember right, it was around 250 bux. I am using a taurus fan to cool it....works AWESOME for 10 bux that the u pull it, cant beat it.

BTW, since you are still workin on it, get an LS6 cam and throw in there....it will wake it up for sure.

Brian

http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

Good link to cam swaps on LS1s. I was just reading over it again. Its time consuming be not to bad.
I am thinking about doing one in my 6.0, because I think It might need a new oil pump, so I will be in there anyway.

http://www.smokemup.com/tech/ls1.php

the cam I have is the 2002+ LS6. I picked the cam and springs up for 150. from what I have been able to tell, it works well.

you dont have to run new push rods or springs, but I put the springs on there because the guy gave them to me with that cam. they can just handle a little more lift and more RPMs than the stocker 5.3s....apparently.
check out LS1tech.com. thats where I found it...sorta, it was local to me too.

1TONZR2 said:
you dont have to run new push rods or springs, but I put the springs on there because the guy gave them to me with that cam. they can just handle a little more lift and more RPMs than the stocker 5.3s....apparently.
check out LS1tech.com. thats where I found it...sorta, it was local to me too.

I will think about putting a ls6 cam and probably take it to someone and teach me how to install it..:D

BTW what is the cost of having someone installing it?

well, funny you should ask. lol
I tried doin it myself, I know how......but while pulling the old cam out, the damn thing slipped outta my hand and kinda fell in the motor a little bit, causing a bur on the cam. as I pulled it out, it killed all the cam bearings. so.......I had to take it to a machine shop to replace the bearings. while it was there, I had them mill the heads, new gaskets up top and reassemble it....500 bux. simple cam install should be atleast half that.

Brian

1TONZR2 said:
well, funny you should ask. lol
I tried doin it myself, I know how......but while pulling the old cam out, the damn thing slipped outta my hand and kinda fell in the motor a little bit, causing a bur on the cam. as I pulled it out, it killed all the cam bearings. so.......I had to take it to a machine shop to replace the bearings. while it was there, I had them mill the heads, new gaskets up top and reassemble it....500 bux. simple cam install should be atleast half that.

Brian

So around $250 plus the cost of the cam and spring? Dang...not sure its worth it....decision Decision..... :indianajones:

Well, I been lazy and busy these pass couple of weeks and havent dont much to my Jeep. I have a few questions. I am missing Bell Housing Bolts and Torque Converter Bolts and was wondering is it work the Nice Price Tag from GM? $86 bucks plus tax...I know they are metric bolts and that is it. Non of the tranny shops here have any of those bolts here. :( So Does anyone any other alternative?

Thanks
Anthony