• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project First Gen..

Well got it painted. The body work itself turned out great. The new paint doesn't match 100% but you can't tell unless you really look so i'm saying screw it. ITs a wheeler, it'll only look so nice. If it still bothers me I'll re paint it lol.

Picture1432.jpg

Picture1433.jpg

Truck itself I think look ALOT better. Light as heck though!

Was climbing a small hill, not even abusively and boom! O'well. Got my trailer today so on my way to fix it now.

nah the driveline bolts broke and caused the d shaft to spin up and over the flange..

Truck is fixed. Wheeled it till 2am last night with no problems.

Ya most definitely a loose driveshaft bolt that cause this.

So got it loaded on the trailer
Picture3290.jpg

Then on the lift
Picture3292.jpg

Pulled the T-case and checked it out
Picture3296.jpg

Picture3293.jpg

Out with the old then in with the new
Picture3297.jpg

With the help of my favorite drink got it done in 2 hours.

Picture3299.jpg

Wheeled it till 2am.. Then watched my buddy get his truck towed away by the cops.. (don't drive without you license people lol) Got home about 4. Woke up and went to work. Heres what she looked like when I was getting my coffee at the store lol. Nothing broke and it runs great

Picture3303.jpg

Well I added a tool box in the back. It definitely serves a purpose, but I'm not sure if I like it. For now it'll have to do. Id really like to re-do the front bumper but I think lockers and sliders are higher on the list.

Picture3305.jpg

Decided to clean it today and was to lazy to towel dry so I drove it around instead lol. Stopped at the park and took a few pics and did alittle edit job on them.

Picture33281copy.jpg

Picture33191copy.jpg

Picture33211copy.jpg

Well got my hi-lift mounted in the back of the bed, just need to get my roll in bed liner in.

Picture3330.jpg

Picture3329.jpg

will put sliders and rear bumper on when money allows lol.. This is just one of the hobbies

Took the truck out in the sand this weekend. Truck sucks when its trying to climb anything, engine just bogs down till it darn near kills itself. But I never did get stuck and when wheelin through the trails and what not it did great. Un-stuck about 6 rigs too. Didn't get many pictures or any video as most of the wheeling was at night. Spent the days riding the YFZ450.

Picture293763.jpg

Picture293753.jpg

Picture293751.jpg

Now onto my engine woes... I have a 20r motor in my yota running the weber carb. For the most part the truck runs awesome, idles great etc... But when I'm driving and try to push the pedal to the floor the last half inch or so of throttle the engine struggles under itself and tries to push but the truck slows in speed and its as if the truck is fighting against itself.

If I manually pull the throttle wide open the truck bogs and nearly dies. But then if I do it with the pedal the truck jumps in RPMs as it should. My buddy says it sounds like I need a new acelerator pump for the carb. But I figured i'd ask here first.

I've got new fuel filters, new plugs, new wires, new cap, new rotor, and new filter. The old plugs looked fine, engine doesn't burn oil and smells like its getting plenty gas.

I installed some rear rock lights today so I can see alittle better when night wheelin. Harbor Freight had them on sale for $8.00 so I figured why not? Got these ones here locally http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=37350

Installation was pretty easy, minus having to route all the wires. The lights are on the rear x-member mounted in the stock holes. The cool part about these lights is you can rotate them left and right and up and down on the mount. After seeing them tonight I need to point them alittle farther down and face them out some.

Picture293770.jpg

Picture293773.jpg

Picture293774.jpg

Got some fork lift flext shots, some sliders and new rims..

Picture3340.jpg

Picture3342.jpg

Picture3346.jpg

Havin some crappy engine issues, can't go full throttle, just bogs out passed 3/4 throttle. Got distributor, and fuel pump on the way just to eliminate those and also a rebuild kit.

On a side note, got some video footage of the beast.

There's two videos, second video has more of my truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhcuGdnowU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S5Fgumdit8

Going to browns camp sunday the 9th for anyone whos near there and wants to join

Latest posts