• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project-"No Quarter"

HotRodJosh

My latest hotrod project....a '27 T.
It'll be chopped @ 8", running a SBC with a big cam, hogged out 327, small chamber heads, Weiand WC4D intake with 4 Stromberg 97's, Muncie M-20, home-built frame that will be 'flaked and pinstriped, dropped and drilled Model A axle......the list goes on....
I plan to polish the bellhousing/trans and have a small, blue plexiglass "window" in the floor to see it....
99% of the "hard" parts will be parts made prior to '65....
It will be part drag car, part show car...reminiscent of the show/drag cars of the early '60's....:D

user2154_pic23712_1224726589.jpg

The engine.....recently picked up a rare dual-point distributer for it...a Roto-Faze... Engine will be candy blue. :redneck:

IMG_1023.jpg

Body mocked up on frame....2.5" channel. Frame is 2x4 box, which is tapered to match the front 2' of a Model A frame...

Before channel.
IMG_1941.jpg

After.
01-30-10.jpg

Dash mockup....out of a '57 Chevy BelAir...

IMG_1950.jpg

No Mercy.....

nice work... did ya get the dodge done yet?

Haha....haven't touched it.....

:booo::booo:

Ah...one of "those" guys....:flipoff: This isn't be yer "typical" street rod SBC.:beer:

are you gonna have done for good guys?

Maybe 2011.....:haha::haha:It's going to take time to save $$$ for some of the stuff I want the car to have....having stuff chromed can get ex$pensive real quick....

Last edited:
Cool, I like the dash mockup so far. :awesomework: My brother is building a channeled roadster A pickup from a conglomerate of parts he's been collecting. He started with a factory front crossmember and built the rest of the frame himself, with a Z in the rear and a dropped axle up front. Narrowed 9" out back, and a 289 with a saginaw 4 speed. Something fun to put around in. I'll have to post a picture one of these days.

Haha....haven't touched it.....

Ah...one of "those" guys....:flipoff: This isn't be yer "typical" street rod SBC.:beer:

Maybe 2011.....:haha::haha:It's going to take time to save $$$ for some of the stuff I want the car to have....having stuff chromed can get ex$pensive real quick....

don't puss out [old hot rodder term like wimp out, same era as "bitchen"]:looser:! piece together to get it running and add the bling and upgrade as you can in time just like they did in the day. this will also give you the chance to work out bugs as you go before you finalize stuff all pretty like.

a rod in progress is much cooler than a shinney trailer queen any day.

Last edited:
Cool, I like the dash mockup so far. :awesomework: My brother is building a channeled roadster A pickup from a conglomerate of parts he's been collecting. He started with a factory front crossmember and built the rest of the frame himself, with a Z in the rear and a dropped axle up front. Narrowed 9" out back, and a 289 with a saginaw 4 speed. Something fun to put around in. I'll have to post a picture one of these days.

Sounds cool...post up some pics when ya get a chance man!:awesomework:

don't puss out [old hot rodder term like wimp out, same era as "bitchen"]:looser:! piece together to get it running and add the bling and upgrade as you can in time just like they did in the day. this will also give you the chance to work out bugs as you go before you finalize stuff all pretty like.

a rod in progress is much cooler than a shinney trailer queen any day.

I know what yer saying....that's how my hotrod PU was. The problem is, many times, when ya get it together ya have so much fun driving it that ya never get around to taking it apart to "finish" it.....haha!
And it's not a crime to have a nice hotrod and still drive it....I will most likely get it together and then remove the easy stuff for chrome once it's driveable, but the frame, engine, etc will still get nice paint beforehand.

I'm not familiar with "trailer queens"...what are those????:redneck:

My last hotrod made Street Rodder magazine, and it wasn't near as nice as this one's going to be....:cheer: The engine I'm using is out of it....too good to let go...haha!

Troubleatfair.jpg

Oct_1024.jpg

I really like the 57 dash man. dont listen to that messix guy, take your time and it will pay off. Hey are you in the club that marshall is in? He does the old school rods full time. Funny I was thinking about that yesterday and then I was watching overhaulin and there he was on the 67 a100 build. haha. keep up the good work man!!!!!:cheer::awesomework::cool:

Marshall says clubs are for seals.....haha!!
There's a small group of us building an old school style Fuel Altered drag car at his shop...that's where I went after I saw ya yesterday....:redneck:

Last edited:
Sold the truck 2 years ago...minus the wheels and the engine in pics....it's in the Snohomish area now.

Josh what's with the MERMITE can in the back of the OD green 'rod?? Did you make a fuel cell out of that or is it a tool box, baby seat...what??

Josh what's with the MERMITE can in the back of the OD green 'rod?? Did you make a fuel cell out of that or is it a tool box, baby seat...what??

That's where the BEER is......:cheer::beer:

Thanks Pooh...I may have to have my pal in Wenatchee sheck that out....even though I ain't runnin' fenders, he may have other stuff.:awesomework:

thats way cool, i have always been a fan of that style. I would love to build one before I die.:D

I cant wait to see the build, good luck :awesomework: