• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

And here we have all the cases bolted up. Once I got near the back of the tunel I found it was just TOO narrow to try and stretch it like I did the front. found it easier to just cut the origional stuff out and build a new one with that time comes.

jack31.jpg

jack32.jpg

iceman said:
WOW.......when's gunna be done?

Hard to tell -hoping in the next couple weeks it start to take shape once I cut the back half of the rig off and start throwing tube at it. And its going to be roughly 100"wb also.

crash I thought you would have that tunnel finished by now? you slacker :flipoff:

You need more rockstar or dew or what? :corn:

boxboy said:
crash I thought you would have that tunnel finished by now? you slacker :flipoff:

You need more rockstar or dew or what? :corn:

With every minute spent doing something I have been spending 3 looking ahead. And I in fact think I have the rig figured out on how I am going to do the back half of the rig now too. But it all kinda works around how I wanted the powertrain to go into the rig....

crash said:
With every minute spent doing something I have been spending 3 looking ahead. And I in fact think I have the rig figured out on how I am going to do the back half of the rig now too. But it all kinda works around how I wanted the powertrain to go into the rig....

Are you doing the BIG CUT tonight? I want to come watch:clappy: ( like to watch)

boxboy said:
Are you doing the BIG CUT tonight? I want to come watch:clappy: ( like to watch)

Still a lil ways from it. I need to get the front done first to keep it rollable but I might start nipping away at the tub :;

Sorry no updated pics. Was too tired by the time I got done. So with the powertrain parts in the rig I was able to get a feel for it all and found that it all was sitting a tad high in the rig. Plus the clutch fork was going to have to come thru the floor right below the gas pedal. So O cut the motor mounts off and lowered the whole works down roughly 1.5" . So it all now sits with the rear case 1/4" above the bottom of the frame rails and a lil bit of clearanceing for the clutch fork....

Nice fit...but isn't it gonna be a PITA to sevice?

Is the bottom of the case even with the bottom of the frame?

Bunk said:
I was wondering what you were gonna do to deal with the clutch fork..

I will have it figured perfectly :;

As for service work on the powertrain parts---you'll see :D

Comet said:
Looking good Mike and Jack! Will you keep the bed and just stretch it behind the doors or going truggy?

Well--I ---ummmm.. just kinda had a lil too much fun with the plasma--pics to follow tonight :D

Ok here is how the clutch fork sits now. Sorry the angle isn't as good as I thought. But instead of totaly hitting the tunnel like it was it is tapping at the verry bottom edge now. So its going to be simple to clearance it and not get in the way of jacks ability to mash the go pedal :D

jack33.jpg

And here you can see how the t-case will be sitting in the frame rails. Roughly 1/4" above the bottom of the frame rail unlike the 1.5" it was at--too high for my taists.

jack34.jpg