• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

I'm not sure what looks better, the wiring or the welds, and I don't know why you don't do this full time, you have pure talent Mike. :awesomework:

Watching this project from the first post, to seeing it collecting dust for a while, and now....

This entire rig is a work of art... Almost makes one afraid of taking it on the trails.

Almost....:stirpot:

Watching this project from the first post, to seeing it collecting dust for a while, and now....

This entire rig is a work of art... Almost makes one afraid of taking it on the trails.

There will be no hesitation to :redneck: wheeling this rig....none at all:awesomework:

nice progress. this thing looks great.

I'm not sure what looks better, the wiring or the welds, and I don't know why you don't do this full time, you have pure talent Mike. :awesomework:

Some day....

Wow, your plumbing and wiring is such an art. That looks better than factory!

Thats how it see it--an art form.... And your will look the same :awesomework:

I bought extra strength bubble wrap :D

Well I took the stock exhaust flange and cut the pipe off right where it necks down. I then welded a short piece from that and pointed it right against the motor. I then took and cut off the exhaust bung and welded that to the new piping. The person we got the motor from had cut the o2 sensor wires for some dumb reason--so I had to fix that and decided to wrap it in heat tape to be on the safe side.

jack379.jpg

I will be sending the rig up north to randy's exhaust---he does most of my rigs and been very happy with his work...

I also went and filled all the gear boxes and diffs with oil--so thats done...

I also installed the air cleaner but looks like we will need to add an elbo due to it looks like its going to hit the hood--but won't know till thats done being painted....

So I also have completed the rock lights...

Here is how I like to mount them--on a common braket tucked up in the rig..

jack380.jpg

jack381.jpg

I was scared here in da dark,lol

jack382.jpg

jack383.jpg

Bad ass!

And look it has a leak already, you know if going to fit right in here at the house!:redneck:

So since I got the clutch bled and adjusted and there was a large oil mess on the floor from the leaky p/s cooler and brake fluid--I figured I would see if this thing would move on its own and backed it out(at which time the passenger front spring slid off the frame) and it happen to be sunny..

jack384.jpg

jack385.jpg

So I decided to go ahead and figure out the front shackles--and got the hold lopped thru the frame...

jack386.jpg

jack387.jpg

That rti ramp looks pretty enviting...:awesomework:

Really looks great mike! love ths stance:masturbanana[1]:

Ok so on the shackle mounts thru the frame--as you can see the inside is an easy flat area but on the outside there is a round detented area roughly in the center of the frame (double wall on the outer edge inside the frame). Now since I ran the mount near the lower end of the frame it wasn't close to the detent--so I had to come up with a way to get the shackle mounted welded to the frame..

So here is what I came up with.... Basicly a plate with the insert welded to it (which will be on the frame side of the frame).

jack388.jpg

jack389.jpg

So all I had to do was enlarge the outer hole a bit due to the welds and clamp it to the frame and weld the inside where the tube goes thru the frame and the plate on the out side of the frame--worked pretty slick...