• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project: Trail & ERROR

Its funny--I remember the early discussions about the full size--to get rid of it bla bla bla---glad to see you have made a wise choice :awesomework:

how would cutter brakes work with a detroit?

if i'm not mistaken, a detroit (in laymans) allows 1 wheel to travel faster, just not slower.

If you had cutter brakes front and rear (as oposed to left and right), a spool would work, would it not?

if i'm not mistaken, a detroit (in laymans) allows 1 wheel to travel faster, just not slower.

If you had cutter brakes front and rear (as oposed to left and right), a spool would work, would it not?

See this is the kinda info I need:awesomework: How will it work if at all???? and what do I need to do to make it work:awesomework:

It only works with a detroit if no power is aplied to the detroit....

Its funny--I remember the early discussions about the full size--to get rid of it bla bla bla---glad to see you have made a wise choice :awesomework:

Yeah thanx Crash means alot coming from you:cheer: I actually still have the fullsize:haha: But its getting parted out to some people on here and the rest is going in the buggy:beer:

So maybe I will forget the cutting brakes for now. . . . After talking to a friends dad who works at Renton Coil spring I think I am gonna try and do QUEER STEER instead:awesomework: I figure with only 37s and cromo axleshafts front and rear a 3/4ton dana 44 and a front dana 60 should hold up fine for me:cool: I tend to use the least amount of throttle needed:beer:

The more I plan the more money I see going out the door:haha: Oh well its gonna be a fun project a way more fun when its done:cheer:

gotcha, as in Front dig.

I run a spool rear and detroit front. The only issue i have is side hilling on slick stuff.

Mybe its time for ME to upgrade the rear to a detroit.. hmm.. 35 spline.. hmm...

It only works with a detroit if no power is aplied to the detroit....

So then it could work in my application???? Since I will be able to do front digs????

I'm doing a 203/205 doubler with the Northwest fab tripple stick cabe shifter:cool:

it only works in your application in you have a detroit or selectable rear. with a spool or welded rear, the cutting brakes will not work. cutting brakes work in 4wd open rear as the greater friction on one wheel forces the energy to the other side, which in a way will theoretically create 3 wheel drive around the pivot point of the brake you select to lock. now, imagine if that is spooled... both shafts turn together, so braking one side slows the other. the way detroits work only allows for them to be dragged to be open if you want to use the cutting brake method. in other words, a detroit rear front burn will allow this, but not a 4wd front burn.:awesomework:

it only works in your application in you have a detroit or selectable rear. with a spool or welded rear, the cutting brakes will not work. cutting brakes work in 4wd open rear as the greater friction on one wheel forces the energy to the other side, which in a way will theoretically create 3 wheel drive around the pivot point of the brake you select to lock. now, imagine if that is spooled... both shafts turn together, so braking one side slows the other. the way detroits work only allows for them to be dragged to be open if you want to use the cutting brake method. in other words, a detroit rear front burn will allow this, but not a 4wd front burn.:awesomework:

Well okay heres a question for ya. . . In my rear dana 60 I have a detroit in it already! Is there any possibilty of putting that in a front 60???? or is that just a retarted thought????

well maybe I will go a detroit in the 60 and maybe an ARB or Ox locker up front????? Would the be more the Hott ticket???

I'm really just trying to learn as much as I can before I get super deep into the build:awesomework:

Whats funny-- I have an ARB in the rear and when I do front digs--I never unlock the arb--I lock up both tires and turn.

In the PNW this is works great. The only time I have ever did a true unlock arb--one brake is down at the hammers on grippy stuff....

Whats funny-- I have an ARB in the rear and when I do front digs--I never unlock the arb--I lock up both tires and turn.

In the PNW this is works great. The only time I have ever did a true unlock arb--one brake is down at the hammers on grippy stuff....

So then I could use a spool??? Isn't an ARB in locked position the same as a spool????

Also crash I have a ? for ya

What would be the best route for Hydro steering on the cheap??? 4 wheel steering at that?????

I'm in between jobs right now and I'm trying to get as much done before I'm broke:awesomework: I have the front 44 and another front 44 I figure I could use as a mock up for the rear since the tube diameter and width are the same size??????

So then I could use a spool??? Isn't an ARB in locked position the same as a spool????

Also crash I have a ? for ya

What would be the best route for Hydro steering on the cheap??? 4 wheel steering at that?????

I'm in between jobs right now and I'm trying to get as much done before I'm broke:awesomework: I have the front 44 and another front 44 I figure I could use as a mock up for the rear since the tube diameter and width are the same size??????

It will work with a spool.......(yes an ARB is a spool when engaged)

Cheaply--there is no cheap with hydro--and NO CHEAP with 4 wheel steering..

But your looking around $550 for hydro

I wouldn't even consider using a 44 for rear steer--sure a few have pulled it off but those have been very light rigs,,,,

I wouldn't even consider using a 44 for rear steer--sure a few have pulled it off but those have been very light rigs,,,,

I am going to be using the 44 in front and a 60 rear but I dont have the 60 yet so I was gonna use the other 44 as a mock up axle to get everything in place. . . . . does that make any sense?????

$550 hell man I thought you were gonna say $2000:awesomework: $550 fawk ya that makes me way happy:cheer:

Also as far as suspension goes. . . I was thinking 3 link front 4 link rear. . . . would that be the best setup??? for a first time buggy or would you go 4link F/R?????

I am going to be using the 44 in front and a 60 rear but I dont have the 60 yet so I was gonna use the other 44 as a mock up axle to get everything in place. . . . . does that make any sense?????

$550 hell man I thought you were gonna say $2000:awesomework: $550 fawk ya that makes me way happy:cheer:

Also as far as suspension goes. . . I was thinking 3 link front 4 link rear. . . . would that be the best setup??? for a first time buggy or would you go 4link F/R?????

If you go full hydro you can run a 4 link up front.

Here I just wanna give you a lil inisight--because I just have a gut feeling and I wanna get this out.

Remember--take this stuff slow--don't get in over your head--bite too much off.

Now I aint trying to discurage you in any way because thats not how I am..

Here I just wanna give you a lil inisight--because I just have a gut feeling and I wanna get this out.

Remember--take this stuff slow--don't get in over your head--bite too much off.

Now I aint trying to discurage you in any way because thats not how I am..

Oh its all good I know what you mean:awesomework: I'm not the only head and hands turning wrenchs on this thing:beer: Its kinda a group friend project:awesomework: I am building the yota up to be a safe reliable rig for my buddies to drive when I'm in the buggy:cool:

I'm sure honestly this will take me many many months to complete:haha: But I just wanna get a good Idea of things to come:awesomework: