• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project: Trail & ERROR

angelfly

Well things finally have settled enough in my life now that I have time to do stuff during the weeknights other then unpacking and moving:cheer:

SO I oredered up a JD3 manual tubing bender with all the goodies:awesomework:

I picked up like 120ft or someting of 1 1/2 .250 wall and 140ft of 1 1/2 .120wall:cool: with some 1in and 1 1/4 in there to:beer:

So the whole idea is to build a 2 seater buggy thats reliable and fun 4links f/r but relatively cheap to build with miscelanous parts I have laying around:redneck:
So the plan as it stands now:
Ford 3/4ton axles HP dana44 and 60rear
400m motor
C6 tranny
203/205 doubler
4links F/R
37in crawlers
16in steel DIY beadlocks
PRP suspension seats, 5point harness
Coilovers
tripple stick(front digs)
Welded Rear, Detroit Front
20 gallon fuel cell
Cutting Brakes
Hydro assist, X-over steering
And alot of second guessing and making mistakes:rolleyes: But all in all it will be a fun project to build and to drive:beer:

Our house was broken into last week all our electronis stolen, so on the 20th when I get paid I will be getting a camera and posting pics for you all immedialty:awesomework: :cool:

But I can give you some of the dimensions for an idea of the thing:D :corn:
109in WB
62in widest point
68in tall
20in belly clearance
113in Body length
:awesomework: thats all for now I dont want to spoil it!!!! But the main frame or the tube work that will be seeing rocks 24/7 and will be the main support for the whole buggy is .250 wall all the rest is .120:cool:

Wish me luck:corn:

Any imput would be very welcome:corn: :corn: :hi: :D :;

I would say you need more belly clearance. My old buggy was 101 wb, 67" to top of cage and 20" of belly with 42"s. IMO if you are going 109" wb I would shoot for a 24" belly. Brake over suck being that low. Low cog is cool but not worth it if your stuck on your belly:redneck:

I would say you need more belly clearance. My old buggy was 101 wb, 67" to top of cage and 20" of belly with 42"s. IMO if you are going 109" wb I would shoot for a 24" belly. Brake over suck being that low. Low cog is cool but not worth it if your stuck on your belly:redneck:

Like a turtle stuck on a rock:haha:

So 42's and about 24in B/C??? Sounds good! I should tell you 109in wheel base is kinda up for grabs from 106-113 so we shall see! But thank you:hi: :;

Good luck Aaron! I hope you can bust ass and not turn this into a two year project like others have done. :mad: (I'm not one to talk about building or fabbing.....I know:redneck: )

Or you could just let your winches out. :; That is, if you have a 4link and f/r winches.

Good luck Aaron! I hope you can bust ass and not turn this into a two year project like others have done. :mad: (I'm not one to talk about building or fabbing.....I know:redneck: )

Like my 4 runner build!!!!:redneck:

Or you could just let your winches out. :; That is, if you have a 4link and f/r winches.

Thanx Man I appreciate it:beer: I am Hopefully picking up a tow rig in the next 2 weeks going with an older ford powerstroke I think or dodge cummins depending. . . :cool: After that I am parting out the yota I think or maybe building a little one seater to :cool: I dont know yet:D

But Yeah I am getting a Warn 8.5ti I think its called for the front and a cosco special for the rear the time being untill the 60goes in:awesomework:
Can't wait to get my Stimulus Check:cheer: Wiring harness here I come:cheer:

Pictures. I want to see tube, tires, and the works. Why are you parting out the toyota?

I'm not parting out the yota:eeek:

I'm keeping that so I can actually wheel still:awesomework: I threw on some 36in Iroks and rebuilt the front end:D PLan on being up at reiter probably next weekend again:cool:

I will always be a web wheeler, its just way to hard not to live vicarously through other pics of peoples trial runs:haha:

As far as the buggy goes the whole "CHEAP" idea is coming from me doing it all myself and using pretty much 90% of all the parts I have laying around to complete it!:beer:

Its getting a 400m, C6 tranny, 203/205doubler, 3 link front 4 link rear:cool:

Live and Learn!!!! :looser:

Did you catch the whole title of the thread???????:rolleyes:

TRAIL AND ERROR:awesomework: I've never done anything even close to the magnatude of this build!

So honestly I would really appreciate so helpfull hints not just you guys knocking everything I say:looser:

This isn't the chatter box its a build thread:beer: