• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Props to PSC

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
I want to pass on big props to PSC. They got me signed up for the racer program a few months back after a bad experience with Howe. After installing their system I had zero issues until KOTH and I blew the check ball (relief valve) completely off the pump. Had to tap it out and put a bolt in it to keep running. So I called PSC last Monday told them what happened, Kelvin said to send the pump back and he will swap it. He said for racing he would recommend a special pump they have instead of the TC, so he sent me the upgraded pump and bigger pulley for free. Also got a new orbital as 4.5 and 5.5 turns to lock was getting old. It all landed today and it is very nice! I am going to test it all out this weekend! I would highly recommend PSC to anybody wanting a high quality but reasonably priced steering setup.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/

Matt O. said:
I blew the check ball (relief valve) completely off the pump. Had to tap it out and put a bolt in it to keep running.

You talking about the ball right at the outlet port? I've had trouble with those myself. Anything odd about your system plumbing?

Indy Will said:
You talking about the ball right at the outlet port? I've had trouble with those myself. Anything odd about your system plumbing?

Yep that is it. Nothing odd to my knowledge. -6 from pump to orb, -10 from pump to ressy, -6 to ram, -8 to cooler

Psc is great , any problem i have ever had with a system they have went about and beyond to fix it or replace it .. unlike other companys i have used in the past ..

Here is a shot of the new pump/pulley and orbital. Thanks to Josh for the Amsoil fluid!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey, Matt

Bob from Mountianside is probably gonna be calling you he toasted his pump this weekend and is gonna need a new one

Matt, work WITH PCS on the new pump, they want to get it right also. Tell me about the fluid you are running. How much? Can you tell any difference?

I will stay with PSC brian. My TC pump and small pulley were working fine till it blew the bypass. They tried to go to a better flowing pump at big pulley at speed, but it sucks in big rocks crawling. I will take this off and go back to the tc pump that was working fine

Caddishack18 said:
Matt, work WITH PCS on the new pump, they want to get it right also. Tell me about the fluid you are running. How much? Can you tell any difference?

The fluid is good Brian. Doesn't get as hot as others I have run and seems to work well. I get it from Josh on here, less $10/quart including shipping.

So they tell me the pump must be bad or something else is wrong. It is designed to flow twice as much at idle than a standard TC pump. I just told him to send me a new tc pump and 4.5" pulley like I had. It is on it's way. So besides have shitty steering in Harlan and having to pull the pump and waste a bunch of fluid on the ground again, all is good. I liked the new lock to lock I have with the new orbital.

That tractor fluid is the stuff. It worky much better than royal purple. With royal purple we had a problem with pump whine among other problems. The hydro fluid, no issues.

opps I just had one of those high output pumps with it's own reservoir[ plus a cooling fan,another large reservoir. Two 2 1/4" double ended rams, clevis ends and the whole shabang. I hope I'm not disappointed. I'm sure it's gonna work great. Front and rear steer.
sticky b][/b]