• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PSC Friend or Foe???

skipnrocks

So let me start this post with saying I have bought 5 systems from them in the past without issue. Now comes my most recent experience. The down and dirty is this, I ordered a ps pump, over drive pulley, and remote resivoir. I had two phone calls and during each I was quoted 220, 45 ish, and 215 restively. When the items shipped last friday I didnt get an email from PSC, or an invoice, I got a call from my cc about an $810 charge from PSC. I was surprised so I called and of course they were closed. So I sent a personal email, and one through their general website and heard nothing back so I sent a follow up email this morning and heard back from the sales man. His response was here is a invoice look it over and let me know what isnt right. So I looked it over and first off the pump was priced at 480, second there is a pressure line kit for 85 I didnt order. So I emailed back and let him know the mistakes and he says well you needed a CBR pump instead, I said that is what your originally told me I wrote it down so I could look up mods for my OEM CB pump to use it as a spare. I let him know I was frustrated and confused as to why he billed me for something I didnt order, and secondly charged me over double for a pump he had quoted me two times at the same price. And since then I got no response.

So here is my question to you guys. If I were him I would have admitted my error and made some attempt to make it right, but what is a fair expectation at this point. Or is it a just what is done is done and learn your lesson moving forward?

On a side note with this same salesman I called him last Wednesday when I found out my oem pump wasnt going to hack it I told him I was concerned in getting it in time and asked for two day shipping with maybe getting a price on overnight due to a trip to moab leaving this Thursday. He said there was a chance it wouldnt ship till monday and wanted to know when the absolute latest I could have it by would be, I let him know wednesday but hoped to have it much earlier so I could troubleshoot anything else that needed it. I got an email from UPS when it shipped on friday showing he shipped it ground. I called him to see if he could get it fixed as I had asked for two day. His response was its on the truck you can call them and see.

I had never had an experience anything like this ever with PSC and wonder what I should do.

Man I'll be honest it's best to go through a vendor and let them deal with the billing part. A vendor will give you a better price most of the time and they have a rep they call and order exactly what you need. Only time vendor isn't much help is when you need tech support since they are the middle man. Skinny pedal racing has been my go to vendor for big purchases. He'll make make sure you get what you ordered and will handle the headache if you get something you didn't order.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ranger11 said:
Man I'll be honest it's best to go through a vendor and let them deal with the billing part. A vendor will give you a better price most of the time and they have a rep they call and order exactly what you need. Only time vendor isn't much help is when you need tech support since they are the middle man. Skinny pedal racing has been my go to vendor for big purchases. He'll make make sure you get what you ordered and will handle the headache if you get something you didn't order.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using

X2 on skinny pedal racing. Awesome service.

I can't say much about PSC, other than my experience says that Howe is better. A few folks that I ride with will wear out a PSC pump over the course of a yr. Not sure what the deal is, but a Howe will last 50% longer on the same rigs. A few have had good luck with KRC pumps too.

Can't speak to any of them's customer service as I just use cheap junk.

In past I had similar issue, I called and explained what I had upon purchasing my buggy.
The pump was great, they unfortunately sent me a "assist ram"..... couldn't get buggy to turn.

I called back and explained my issues, I was then informed I had been sold assist ram instead of full hydro ram.
They sold me the "new ram" at discount and I ended up giving old one to a buddy.

Live and learn, but yes they made it right after I delt with crappy steering for a few rides.

Now it's better.

Fellow I talked to was Lance, might try calling and asking for him.

I tried ordering a pump from them for a yj I was riding while I was finishing up my last buggy, it already had hydraulic steering but the stock pump had finally took a poo, those ****ers would not sell it to me, said the only way they would was with no warranty, this was due to it having a tractor supply ram which he said does not work. He said those rams are junk and would not work on off-road rigs, I told him I have personally put them on a ton of vehicles with no problems ever, he got mad and said no warranty if you buy it, that he would personally have it in the notes on the order. So long story short I ended up with a stock replacement and rode out.

This is the reason i like to go through a vendor that knows there ****. You call and say hey man this is what i got i want my **** to do this and the correct parts show. No guess work on my end just install what i get.

Elliott said:
I tried ordering a pump from them for a yj I was riding while I was finishing up my last buggy, it already had hydraulic steering but the stock pump had finally took a poo, those ****ers would not sell it to me, said the only way they would was with no warranty, this was due to it having a tractor supply ram which he said does not work. He said those rams are junk and would not work on off-road rigs, I told him I have personally put them on a ton of vehicles with no problems ever, he got mad and said no warranty if you buy it, that he would personally have it in the notes on the order. So long story short I ended up with a stock replacement and rode out.
they pretty much told me same thing, I was just trying identify the pump that went bad on my rig and he told me without a name on it my system was junk and my surplus center ram was prob why my pump failed and wouldn't help me one bit unless I bought a complete Psc system, Guy was kinda rude too so I will never buy from them unless it's mandatory, and I'm still using that surplus center ram

I have been less than pleased with my dealings with PSC as well. When I got my rig a year and a half ago, the steering valve was really loud to me and would occasionally not turn the tires despite the steering wheel making a revolution or two on occasion. Called them up to get some help, and I more or less had to suggest solutions and ask for their input. It seemed backwards to me that I was offering troubleshooting to myself with an "expert" simply observing.

I went with the easiest, cheapest potential solution first and changed fluid to the newly-recommended Swepco 715 stuff, which I chose to source elsewhere from PSC because paying $20 for shipping on $20 worth of fluid is crazy (ended up getting free shipping on a case of 8 qts from somewhere else). No dice on fluid solving my issue. Called back up and asked about rebuilding the valve. They seemed more than happy to sell me a $450 valve but absolutely opposed to rebuilding mine, offering help with sourcing rebuild parts or help, or even identifying my valve based on THEIR part number ("we no longer sell valves from that supplier... But I can't remember who supplied that valve.").

It takes a lot for me to post about a negative experience with a vendor, but I believe they've earned this one. I rue the day that my PSC pump takes a dump and I have to deal with them again :-/

That's sucks and not something that should happen.

Who did you speak with?

Like others said, use your favorite vendor as they should go to bat for you and have what you want, when you want it. If something happens, they would be able to help make it right. Unforuntally it happens, and as I vendor I feel bad because the customer part or parts were delayed or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wish they still sold the simple old style reservoir, been lookin on the website and they have changed a fair amount since my last dealings with them. Everything has to be a racecar now I guess :flipoff1:

The place sucks since Lance left. Terrible customer service, no management//oversight, and the one or two dudes that relatively know their **** are overworked and spend most of their time dealing with **** ups. It blows my mind, PSC basically has their market cornered. With better management no one could touch them. Howe caters to a completely different market.

Re: PSC Friend or Foe?

P said:
I wish they still sold the simple old style reservoir, been lookin on the website and they have changed a fair amount since my last dealings with them. Everything has to be a racecar now I guess :flipoff1:

Which old style resi are you looking for? I've got one laying in the shop that's really just in the way.

Sucks to hear this about PSC, I didn't know Lance had left.

I'm relatively local to PSC and have had good (enough) luck in dealing with them in the past. I'm not 100% sure of the history but, at some point, AGR split off from PSC. AGR has never had the same following as PSC and has recently been purchased by Josh Bertschy -- until a couple of years ago he owned/operated Baertrax Off Road in Dallas but sold it to try his hand at racing -- I guess racing wasn't paying the bills. All of that to say, Josh always had the reputation of making situations right with his customers. When my current PSC system craps the bed, I'll be going there with my cash.

Yeah that sucks. I've almost experienced the same thing before. I felt like the psc guy I was talking to (it wasn't Lance) was just rushing through my order so at the end of the convo I had him read each part name, number, description and price back to me before I paid and I caught 2 errors if I remember correctly. Then I had him email me the receipt before I got off the phone so that I could look it over 1 last time. As a customer it's rediculous to have be knowledgeable enough to catch and correct the suppliers mistakes but that's how they seem to be.. at times at least. Just seems like laziness to me.

I order a ton of my stuff off Summit Racing. Never ordered PSC stuff from them but they're top notch imo. I can't recall a time that one of my orders hasn't been sitting on my front porch the very next afternoon.

It won't be long now and Joschua Bertschy at steerco/ agr performance will have his full hydro stuff done. Josh bought AGR to turn it around and he is doing just that. Man can talk your ear off and the stuff he now manufactures is A++. I encourage you to give him a call and let him earn your business....he earned mine for my upcoming hydro assist project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: PSC Friend or Foe???

SofaKing said:
I'm relatively local to PSC and have had good (enough) luck in dealing with them in the past. I'm not 100% sure of the history but, at some point, AGR split off from PSC. AGR has never had the same following as PSC and has recently been purchased by Josh Bertschy -- until a couple of years ago he owned/operated Baertrax Off Road in Dallas but sold it to try his hand at racing -- I guess racing wasn't paying the bills. All of that to say, Josh always had the reputation of making situations right with his customers. When my current PSC system craps the bed, I'll be going there with my cash.
Josh bought AGR to turn em around. He actually went in as a customer there one day and they treated him like crap. So he told em I'm gonna buy this [expletive] business and give good customer service and make awesome stuff. They later came to him asking if he truly wanted to buy the business and he did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

When I bought my system I was happy to fork over the $1400. Seriously. Dude answered a lot of questions and asked me a lot of questions about my rigs usage.

When I had a question about my system a few years later (there was a wobble in the orbital which ended up just being the steering shaft). I was treated like **** and swore Id never order from them again. Id ask a simple question and every time would damn near get cut off with the dude saying "You are just gonna have to buy this and buy that".

I took the stickers off my ram and quit recommending them to anyone after that day.