• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PSC Reservoir leaks around cap

kushKrawlin said:
Curious.. Redneck which res do you have? Like the one in the pic up there or is the lid a different style?

It looks like the one in the picture but the lid is red and the o-ring fits around the lid. The newer ones I've seen with a black lid don't have an o-ring. It is recessed into a groove in the actual reservoir and the lid sits on top of it as you tighten it down.

Yea I had one like it. It's a spare in the trailer now.. On mine you have to have a grip of God to get the dam lid off.. It's almost impossible if it's been a wile.. I hated that lid.. Mine would leak a TINY bit.. But most would go out the tube.. I switched to one with a much smaller in diameter but taller lid and love it.. I Fukin couldn't stand that dam lid. It would almost cut Into your hands.. Come to think of it since switching to the one neal hooked me up with I can't think of ever noticing it leaking at all. Cause I ain't put a tube on it yet and no signs of leaks. Maybe it's cause my pump can and a fitting are Doing the leaking now.. I dunno. Just wanted to ask.

I had the same problem out of mine. It leaked just enough to coat the reservoir and collect dust. I replaced the o-ring with one from NAPA, problem was solved.

redneckengineered said:
Are you running the same reservoir or do you need me to measure my o-ring and let you see what you can find?

I've got the same reservoir you have. I'm just gonna take the cap over and see what we can find.

Funny how mine does this but just thought oh well. On most other stuff that cost this much I would have flipped out lmao! Wizzo find us a damn oring!!!

I've literally got several hundred o-rings at my store. I'll start looking as soon as I get my buggy back. Week or so hopefully.

I've found an o-ring that I think will work better. Size is Metric 3mm (width) x 70 mm (ID)

I went to my local supply place and we compared a few different ones. Now with the new o-ring, I can feel the o-ring engage the housing, rather than just screwing down the cap until the threads get tight.

Just thought I'd share.

wizzo said:
I've found an o-ring that I think will work better. Size is Metric 3mm (width) x 70 mm (ID)

I went to my local supply place and we compared a few different ones. Now with the new o-ring, I can feel the o-ring engage the housing, rather than just screwing down the cap until the threads get tight.

Just thought I'd share.

Thanks man, I looked these up on McMaster, less than $10 for a pack of 25 so I'm going to give them a shot :dblthumb:

wizzo said:

Just thought I'd share.

FYI this fixed the problem, 100%. Thanks Wizzo.