• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pulling tranny ISHU's

timothy

So, Spent all day Saturday tring to pull the tranny out to put in a new clutch kit. All was going well until I get to the LAST bolt of the bellhousing,( The top passenger female star) and wouldn't ya know it's already stripped. So what does one do now? As of now I am seeing only Two options, 1 ( put it all back to gether and take it in to be done, 2) Pull the Motor and tranny out all as one so I can get at that SOB. Eny and all HELP would be great. OH, The vehical is a 2004 Tj sport 4.0L, 5 speed.

External bolt extractor will be your friend here. The set I have are Craftsman and saved my ass on the last Jeep engine swap I did.

If I remember correctly a 10mm, will fit on it. There's no way your going to weld a nut to it unless you're rubber man and can squeeze into about 3 inches of space.

Yup, a 6point 10mm fits, as long as it hasn't been totally F-ed up...AND USE A GOOD QUALITY SOCKET...the cheapies won't cut it here...

Had that happen once on the exact same bolt. idiots using the wrong socket and stripping it out seems a common occurence. Hammer on a good quality socket that's slightly too small. I can't remember what I used. Use your extensions to line it up and pound the sucker on, then break it loose.

Thanks , everyone I'm go'in ta try tha extractr from sears. Thanks fer the lender offer Nick C but I just DO NOT borrow tools EVER. And ya it's a JEEP Thang and thin is one I DON'T UNDER STAND. enyway Thanks to all I'll letya all know next weekend how it went. :beer: ( CHEERS ) :puke:

find the closest size standard cheap socket that will fit. fill with jb weld. pound it on. let sit for 24 hours then unscrew it. happens a lot when you use the wrong size torx which is easy to do.

So,:rolleyes: I've tried ALL of thease little tricks, to no avail:rolleyes:. So, today I put every thing back together and NOW:mad::mad: I will surch for a tranny guy ( OOPS) person to dill with ( COUGH COUGH simple clutch kit installment. Just Empty Every Pocket again ( CHEERS):beer::puke: