• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid tow pig, Tranny issues

Picked it up today.

They did use the Dorman Kit, so that's a bonus.

But, instead of calling me and informing me my truck was ready and what the price was. I was sent a text basically saying, it's ready here's the price and the radiator is now leaking.

Once I finally got down there the owner wasn't around. So one of the old timers helped me out and got the billing sorted out. I asked for an itemized list of what all was replaced because the bill was a generic "tranny & converter". He fumbled with his words and said he couldn't produce that. He was nice though and showed me what failed and explained it.
He mentioned the leak and proceeded to say it's a common thing, taking any and all blame from them away of course. And wasn't going to hear me when I told him I dropped it off not leaking so you guys had to cause the leak.

So instead of loosing my cool I just paid and took off. Lesson learned.

Get home and start looking things over. Quite a few things I don't like at all.
Looks like instead of taking the exhaust clamps off and removing it, they cut the end off 5" from the original joint and just put a band clamp on in when it went back in.
The tube that goes from the crank case vent up into the intake tube, they just kind of slapped it in there and didn't attach it. So that was making a little mess and causing a little smoke as it was burning the oil.
The intake boots aren't any better. I guess the lines on the boots aren't there for alignment :dunno:
I'll end the ranting/venting here. But the intake tube from the air filter back, it wasn't set on the mounting flange and only half the band clamp was over the flange. The other half was just on the tube with nothing underneath.

Took some pictures and sent it to the owner to let him know what kind of work his guys are doing. Going to leave it as that and my lesson learned.

Re:

ranger11 said:
Is that from garmen?

It damn sure is from Garmon's Diesel Performance.

My buddy got to googling around and apparently there are already countless people calling them crooks.

I figured out why the radiator is leaking. The wind seal flap deal on top of the radiator that keeps it sealed when the hood is shut, that piece is visibly cracked now and so is the protective plastic piece directly over the radiator. So when they were messing with my turbo they had to have been on top of it with their knees instead of using a stand.
I've always made a point not to put any weight on anything up there b/c it's all plastic.

But just got back from Summit with a new Mishimoto radiator.

Honestly doubt anything will be corrected on his end, but I'll damn sure bitch about it for a day or three.