• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

QA1 quality gone down?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Anybody running what I was always told as being "top of the line) QA1 hiems? Started going over my rig last night and found my hiems on my steering already getting sloppy--and they were new when I put the 60 in the rig.

yes the first heims i installed were not QA1 and got sloppy in about three runs. next set of QA1s lasted about a year. next set only about three runs.:puke:

My steering heims get slop in about 3-6 months, but they are operating on a slight angle constantly.

Best heims I ever bought were from McMaster Carr but they were like $45ea.

yes the first heims i installed were not QA1 and got sloppy in about three runs. next set of QA1s lasted about a year. next set only about three runs.:puke:

I am having the same problem with my link hiems also.... I think I am going to start swapping them for JJ's

My rig works just perfect but the little clackity I get from the hiems drivers me nuts...

I am having the same problem with my link hiems also.... I think I am going to start swapping them for JJ's

My rig works just perfect but the little clackity I get from the hiems drivers me nuts...

the sway-bar heims make a lot of noise as well.

Ya but not near as much as the links--- How much noise do you get out of your rig brad?

Like none except when the stupid currie swaybar arms bend and the bolt heads rub the frame! Other than that all I get is the occasional coilover noise like when the spring binds or releases momentarily. The only problem I have with all JJ's on my rig is I get more "monkey-motion" out of the suspension like I'm hinged in the middle kinda thing. If I were to do it again I would either keep heims at the "point" of the triangle or add a track bar to keep the axles from moving side to side more. But, that all might go away once I put in the new axle and get my caster problem fixed!!! And I have some tabs that are getting pretty sloppy, which doesn't help the situation. To summerize my hella long post, I love my JJ's but the rubber in them does allow a little more deflection than a heim.

Ya but not near as much as the links--- How much noise do you get out of your rig brad?

The sway bar and the coils rubbing up and down on the SAW's are the source of all noise from the suspension.

Then there's the nuclear power plant cooling fan which can still be heard over the dual exhuast :redneck:

The sway bar and the coils rubbing up and down on the SAW's are the source of all noise from the suspension.

Then there's the nuclear power plant cooling fan which can still be heard over the dual exhuast :redneck:

I get that noise from time to time--and in fact its time to replace the sliders between the coils..

I try not use hiems anymore for suspension Links. Or if I can I use rubber bushings for the diff end of the links and then it seems the hiems live longer.

I haven't try all the hiems out there but the Evo's seem to hold up very well but cost $.

Latest posts