• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for those with CTM/Yukon joints

I've started the parts gathering process. I'll create another build thread with part cost & weights as I go sometime later this winter. Managed to save a little with the last black friday. Every bit helps.

Looks like I'm going 05+ unit bearings for sure since two are now sitting on my bench thanks to BustedKnuckle. Jesus these things are massive! No wonder people are making the switch!

This obviously leaves Spidertrax out of the build. Although I can appreciate how they engineer their outers with light weight being the #1 priority, I couldn't justify spending that much and being stuck without the possibility of upgrading at a later date. For this build it's 1550 joints minimum.

I've started the parts gathering process. I'll create another build thread with part cost & weights as I go sometime later this winter. Managed to save a little with the last black friday. Every bit helps.

Looks like I'm going 05+ unit bearings for sure since two are now sitting on my bench thanks to BustedKnuckle. Jesus these things are massive! No wonder people are making the switch!

This obviously leaves Spidertrax out of the build. Although I can appreciate how they engineer their outers with light weight being the #1 priority, I couldn't justify spending that much and being stuck without the possibility of upgrading at a later date. For this build it's 1550 joints minimum.
Any updates?

Not much really. I bought a few things and was getting ready to pony up for the Magnum knuckle kit, and had a list of sweet camping gear after tons of research, but my job has suddenly become such a toxic shithole that I may have to jump ship, and fast. Not even sure I'm going back tomorrow after being threatened physically just a few hrs ago.

Basically, I've gone from being excited about getting out & wheelin to having anxiety all day & night.

Not much really. I bought a few things and was getting ready to pony up for the Magnum knuckle kit, and had a list of sweet camping gear after tons of research, but my job has suddenly become such a toxic shithole that I may have to jump ship, and fast. Not even sure I'm going back tomorrow after being threatened physically just a few hrs ago.

Basically, I've gone from being excited about getting out & wheelin to having anxiety all day & night.
That's never a good place to be both mentally or physically.

All I have at the moment is the RR80 chunk & diff cover, 40 spline spool, pinion flange and 8x6.5 unit bearings. I have a list of the bearing #'s, pretty sure these use the big bearing sets that came in the newer Fords.

I just looked up the Magnum knuckles and see they're now $3020 with the UB adapters. Figures.

The factory F250 +05 with machined high steer arms and ball joints eliminators are a great solution that's a lot cheaper. Not sure we mentioned it previously in the topic.

I'm interested to know some feedback on ECGS's 4340 u joints. They push them like that are pretty strong and are a great price. I just haven't heard much about them in the real world.

I'm interested to know some feedback on ECGS's 4340 u joints. They push them like that are pretty strong and are a great price. I just haven't heard much about them in the real world.

Guarantee they are a super joint without the Yukon logo.

I thought super joints were made out of 300M, not 4340?
This is my understanding as well.

I have no real world knowledge of the 4340 joints but trust ECGS completely. I was just wondering if anyone had any real world experience. BTW, ECGS offers a lifetime warranty on their dana 60 shafts with these joints.

I'm still amazed that guys pay big bucks for these ujoints and then wanna cheap out on the very thing that keeps em alive :LOL:

I'm still amazed that guys pay big bucks for these ujoints and then wanna cheap out on the very thing that keeps em alive :LOL:
Kinda like how folks spend untold $ to build something and either complain about park fees (possibly the cheapest thing in this entire hobby) or spend mega $ on a turn key trail bouncer to be hauled on a ratty/janky looking trailer.

Kinda like how folks spend untold $ to build something and either complain about park fees (possibly the cheapest thing in this entire hobby) or spend mega $ on a turn key trail bouncer to be hauled on a ratty/janky looking trailer.
I will most certainly continue complaing about park fees. Will cost us $230 the first day we go this year. Then $130 per day after that.
Screenshot_20220411-122923_Chrome.jpg