• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Queston for you buggy guys with D-60s

bigdog165511

How wide are you people with buggys running D-60s
how wide is your Axel I'm trying to figure out to eather
leave it full width or narrow them
:awesomework:

your putting them under your bronco2 right? I would leave them full width for a couple reasons 1st would be easier to get parts for in the event that you destroy something (no custom lenght needed) 2nd would be if you get the right wheel you can get your width close to your old width:awesomework:

your putting them under your bronco2 right? I would leave them full width for a couple reasons 1st would be easier to get parts for in the event that you destroy something (no custom lenght needed) 2nd would be if you get the right wheel you can get your width close to your old width:awesomework:

Thanks Kelly I am going with the longfeald super 60 birfs so I don't think breakage will be an isue full width is way easier thow

Mine is narrowed to 65 wms, with a 13.5 tire it is around 77 with a 5 1/4 backspaced 17in wheel. On the other hand my family buggy I had, had a stock width Chevy Dana 60, 13.5 in wide tires with 6 1/4(stock 06 CTD wheels) backspaced wheels the measured 78 outside of tires.

Mine is narrowed to 65 wms, with a 13.5 tire it is around 77 with a 5 1/4 backspaced 17in wheel. On the other hand my family buggy I had, had a stock width Chevy Dana 60, 13.5 in wide tires with 6 1/4(stock 06 CTD wheels) backspaced wheels the measured 78 outside of tires.

What did you do for the long side? Early ford long side? Been thinking about narrowing mine if/when I link the front.

65 wms to wms front and rear.

Do either of you guys wish it was wider? For more stability of more turn angle ever?

I'm just about at the commitment point for mine. I *was* planning on 67" front and rear or maybe an inch or two narrower in the rear. With tires that puts me at about 80-81" depending on the tire.

Starting to think 66 or even 65", but I also want to be able to crank the tires over as much as possible while keeping it under 80" overall. Bobby Cv's are on my wish list as well.

Do either of you guys wish it was wider? For more stability of more turn angle ever?

I'm just about at the commitment point for mine. I *was* planning on 67" front and rear or maybe an inch or two narrower in the rear. With tires that puts me at about 80-81" depending on the tire.

Starting to think 66 or even 65", but I also want to be able to crank the tires over as much as possible while keeping it under 80" overall. Bobby Cv's are on my wish list as well.
Yea those Axels are sick I just ordered my crane hi clearence knuckle yesterday can't wait so put hands on them

Front and rear are currently 65". I'm going to build my front 60 at 65". I'm running 39.5" TSL's outside to outside is about 81". It barely fits on my trailer.

LeTs stick with one type of mesurement wms to wms i get confused easy with all that tire stuff
but ms and over all are directly related depending on your tires and wheels. If your too wide in the axle, its hard to get it down. Conversely if your too narrow, then you have to resort to spacers or low BS wheels (which suck as beadlocks).

The goal from previous threads it to try to keep it around 80" give or take for NW trails. Any wider and you have more trouble running some of the tighter trails, any narrower and your giving up stability.

I'm just about at the commitment point for mine. I *was* planning on 67" front and rear or maybe an inch or two narrower in the rear.
I am very happy with the width I am running right now. When my buggy was first build I was 81 outside of tire. Then when I went 17s I went with 5 1/4 backspacing and worried about loosing stability. Than being said my rig having a low cog, I noticed no difference besides I fit thru the tight spots alot better. If you are planning on being 67 wms run a stock dodge 60 that way you dont need any custom axles. Then add 5 1/4 backspaced wheels and you are set@ right around 80.

If you are planning on being 67 wms run a stock dodge 60 that way you dont need any custom axles. Then add 5 1/4 backspaced wheels and you are set@ right around 80.

thats the plan :awesomework: and I'm all set to start that way (first set of tires however will be 39/13.5's on H1's with 2" spacers), puts be right about 81. Pull the spacers, run 5" BS rims (which seems to be the norm in 17's) and I'm right at 80 as you say.

But like I said, its easier to add a spacer, than recut a housing if I end up wanting in narrower.

Do either of you guys wish it was wider?

Im way wide with my caveman 15 inch rims(4 3/4bs) and compensating tires. Makes me look like a badass when i school porter on the crazy technical verticle stuff.:cool:

64"ish wide front, 76" outside to outside, rear is a touch narrower.

Same width I had on my ftoy, I'm sure I'll be happy.