• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radflo air shocks..

RadFlo air shocks

Interesting discussion about the air shocks. The fact that everyone seems to think that the shocks cant be valved over the phone is a myth. Glenn at Radflo can valve them for application if you take the time to give him the information that he needs, vehicle weight, individual corner weight, intended usage and many other variables that he would ask you for. I dont think that anyone running airshocks or coilovers got the correct valving or rates correct the first time. Just curious how long is the wait for the SAW shocks I know I can call Radflo and have the shocks go out the door 1-2 days later, last I heard it was a substantial wait to get the SAW shocks. The three guys from STAK may have had a dream but they managed to produce something that sure got the guys from Advance Adapters to be quite worried about some healthy competition. I think with time people will start to use other products that may not be the most popular right at this second. Durability and quality dont seem to be a problem with either the STAK or the Radflo shocks. The lower cost of the Radflo shocks amy have something to do with the fact that Glenn is new to the U.S. market and he is trying to get things going by offering good prices. Radflo has been around overseas for 15-20 years and building shocks for the Paris-Dakar rally cars. Im sure that SAW and Advanced Adapters both encountered this close-minded type of attitude about there products and they seem to be doing fine now. I dont know what the guys at ECT paid for the shocks and the t-cases and I doubt it was any kind of great deal. Most small companies require a buy-in and the first few purchases are at normal retail prices. Why doesnt somebody go ask the guys at ECT and find out what they think the quality is since they are actually using the stuff and not just going by word of mouth.:stirpot: :flipoff:

Steve said:
Interesting discussion about the air shocks. The fact that everyone seems to think that the shocks cant be valved over the phone is a myth. Glenn at Radflo can valve them for application if you take the time to give him the information that he needs, vehicle weight, individual corner weight, intended usage and many other variables that he would ask you for. I dont think that anyone running airshocks or coilovers got the correct valving or rates correct the first time. Just curious how long is the wait for the SAW shocks I know I can call Radflo and have the shocks go out the door 1-2 days later, last I heard it was a substantial wait to get the SAW shocks. The three guys from STAK may have had a dream but they managed to produce something that sure got the guys from Advance Adapters to be quite worried about some healthy competition. I think with time people will start to use other products that may not be the most popular right at this second. Durability and quality dont seem to be a problem with either the STAK or the Radflo shocks. The lower cost of the Radflo shocks amy have something to do with the fact that Glenn is new to the U.S. market and he is trying to get things going by offering good prices. Radflo has been around overseas for 15-20 years and building shocks for the Paris-Dakar rally cars. Im sure that SAW and Advanced Adapters both encountered this close-minded type of attitude about there products and they seem to be doing fine now. I dont know what the guys at ECT paid for the shocks and the t-cases and I doubt it was any kind of great deal. Most small companies require a buy-in and the first few purchases are at normal retail prices. Why doesnt somebody go ask the guys at ECT and find out what they think the quality is since they are actually using the stuff and not just going by word of mouth.:stirpot: :flipoff:

Trail Gear has shocks in stock w/free shipping for $450. I will have them two days after I place my order. In addition, I am ordering my joints from TG as well and will save shipping on them, thus making it cheaper to buy SAW's than to buy Radflo's... :stirpot: :flipoff:

Last edited:
tj40ounce said:
Trail Gear has shocks in stock w/free shipping for $450. I will have them two days after I place my order. In addition, I am ordering my joints from TG as well and will save shipping on them, thus making it cheaper to buy SAW's than to buy Radflo's... :stirpot: :flipoff:

99% of shop's can have SAW's next day, about half the time. SAW is a dedicated desert truck company and when those guy's are in the need all production stop's for anybody that isn't involved in desert racing, and doesn't start again till all of them are satisfied. I'll gaurentee you can't call and get a set of 4 SAW's to you're door any time in the next month or more, unless you find a few people with a secret stash.

ECT(Eastside Custom Truck) I know a guy that work's there, he kind of know's what's going on:corn:

darius said:
99% of shop's can have SAW's next day, about half the time. SAW is a dedicated desert truck company and when those guy's are in the need all production stop's for anybody that isn't involved in desert racing, and doesn't start again till all of them are satisfied. I'll gaurentee you can't call and get a set of 4 SAW's to you're door any time in the next month or more, unless you find a few people with a secret stash.

ECT(Eastside Custom Truck) I know a guy that work's there, he kind of know's what's going on:corn:

2 days shipping or next day. Yeah, I gues that is half the time, but really doesn't make a difference since the truck isn't a desert racer.... I will place my order by Friday and will have the shocks two days later, I gaurentee it. I checked stock two days ago.

tj40ounce said:
2 days shipping or next day. Yeah, I gues that is half the time, but really doesn't make a difference since the truck isn't a desert racer.... I will place my order by Friday and will have the shocks two days later, I gaurentee it. I checked stock two days ago.

Well you're just uber mega cool, btw order them on friday and I am pretty sure it won't be 2 day's till you see them:flipoff: You must be a really big deal that know's people, cause the people that know people can't get them on demand right now, and if you can, you better get on it before that source dries up too.

darius said:
Well you're just uber mega cool, btw order them on friday and I am pretty sure it won't be 2 day's till you see them:flipoff: You must be a really big deal that know's people, cause the people that know people can't get them on demand right now, and if you can, you better get on it cause it won't last long.

darius said:
Maybe I should shut up and learn something from all you
:flipoff:

tj40ounce said:
thanks for the link. I don't buy into all the "marlin got screwed" BS and I proudly support "trail mart" however...

Originally Posted by Chris Geiger
As to FROR. Trail-Gear has not entered in to any contract regarding axles. Matt and Brian talked about such an agreement but it was never put in to action.

posted by JRT
Chris you know you are not telling the truth when you make this statement.

I have kept my mouth closed for the last 3 months about this. And I would have continued to do so had you not crossed the line and made black and white false statements.

In June of 2006, Matt and I came to an agreement, verbal only, that I would provide services to Trail Gear in addition to those as a sponsored competitor.

My responsiblities in this capacity were to help bring manufacturing clients to Trail-Gear. For example, companies like FROR may have a need to have a part mass produced (Steering Box mounts for an example). Trail Gear was in a position to have those parts manufactured overseas at a significant cost savings. I approached 4 potential customers. Dan Dubose at Blue Torch, Brian Ellinger at Diamond/FROR and Scott Ellinger at Rockstomper. The 4th involved a contact at 4WPW to distribute Trail Gear Products through the Trans-American line.

All 4 clients expressed reservations involving working with Matt. Matt gave me his 'word' that he had no intention on 'copying' any of the products in question and was extremely specific about NEVER making axle housings. Brian would not talk about design specs until after a non-disclosure/no compete document was drafted and ratified. He did talk about volumes of products. As Matt's go between with these 4 clients, he strung out the 'written' contract phase for over 3 months. All the while making numerous verbal statements to myself (on several occasions in your presence) as well as directly to Brian.

In late October, after 3 months of "I'll have the agreement drafted this week", I asked Matt if he had any intention of signing the documents due to the 4 clients and specifically Brian.

It was at that point, 2 weeks before the World Championships that Matt told me he changed his mind and that with the volume requirements indicated by Brian, there was too much money to be made in Axle Housings.

I made it clear to Matt during that conversation that I could no longer act on his behalf in these matters and that I thought his business practices were unethical.

After World's I officially told Matt that I would no longer be seeking sponsorship with Trail Gear for the upcoming season.

These are facts.

From a subjective point of view, I believe we both (Trail Gear and I) tried to make this split as professional and amicable as possible. I have repeatedly tried to stay out of these conversations, but when direct and knowing inaccurate statements are made, the truth needs to be known. You knew this, I made it very clear to both you, Matt and John Robertson. Most recently on the lake bed at Frostoberfest in October when John was bragging about how bad ass your new Axle Housing was. When I called him on it both Matt and John said they were just kidding because they knew I'd 'freak out'.

Also Subjective... I don't think that Trail Gear is 'Copying' a Diamond Housing. It's clear they have different design attributes. What's also clear is that you are willing to misrepresent the characteristics of that housing as long as you can get people talking about it now.

Earlier in this thread, someone asked how Trail Gear treats it's 'sponsored' guys. I can tell you from first hand knowledge. Matt and his crew are extremely passionate about this sport and succeeding in business. I can also tell you that when you're the 'man' it's intoxicating to be around them. But when you don't fall in line it gets very uncomfortable.

I had Marlins stickers peeled off of my rig at the first comp (back when the feud first started), I was given an ultimatum to either choose Marlin or Trail Gear before the second comp. I made the decision I thought I had to to keep the car in the series. I regret losing Marlins trust to this day.

After seperating ways at the end of the year and fulfilling my obligation to Matt completely, he insisted that I return the wheels he kicked me at the begining of the year and threatned to put me collections for an ARB locker that he bought before Cedar City.

I am sorry it had to come to this. But I can only sit back and read half truths and flat out lies for so long before I can't take it anymore.

yep if u support that type of company and attitude you should feel proud of youreself. Where ur trail mart pride stickers proudly.:rolleyes:

no excuses said:
Originally Posted by Chris Geiger
As to FROR. Trail-Gear has not entered in to any contract regarding axles. Matt and Brian talked about such an agreement but it was never put in to action.

posted by JRT
Chris you know you are not telling the truth when you make this statement.

I have kept my mouth closed for the last 3 months about this. And I would have continued to do so had you not crossed the line and made black and white false statements.

In June of 2006, Matt and I came to an agreement, verbal only, that I would provide services to Trail Gear in addition to those as a sponsored competitor.

My responsiblities in this capacity were to help bring manufacturing clients to Trail-Gear. For example, companies like FROR may have a need to have a part mass produced (Steering Box mounts for an example). Trail Gear was in a position to have those parts manufactured overseas at a significant cost savings. I approached 4 potential customers. Dan Dubose at Blue Torch, Brian Ellinger at Diamond/FROR and Scott Ellinger at Rockstomper. The 4th involved a contact at 4WPW to distribute Trail Gear Products through the Trans-American line.

All 4 clients expressed reservations involving working with Matt. Matt gave me his 'word' that he had no intention on 'copying' any of the products in question and was extremely specific about NEVER making axle housings. Brian would not talk about design specs until after a non-disclosure/no compete document was drafted and ratified. He did talk about volumes of products. As Matt's go between with these 4 clients, he strung out the 'written' contract phase for over 3 months. All the while making numerous verbal statements to myself (on several occasions in your presence) as well as directly to Brian.

In late October, after 3 months of "I'll have the agreement drafted this week", I asked Matt if he had any intention of signing the documents due to the 4 clients and specifically Brian.

It was at that point, 2 weeks before the World Championships that Matt told me he changed his mind and that with the volume requirements indicated by Brian, there was too much money to be made in Axle Housings.

I made it clear to Matt during that conversation that I could no longer act on his behalf in these matters and that I thought his business practices were unethical.

After World's I officially told Matt that I would no longer be seeking sponsorship with Trail Gear for the upcoming season.

These are facts.

From a subjective point of view, I believe we both (Trail Gear and I) tried to make this split as professional and amicable as possible. I have repeatedly tried to stay out of these conversations, but when direct and knowing inaccurate statements are made, the truth needs to be known. You knew this, I made it very clear to both you, Matt and John Robertson. Most recently on the lake bed at Frostoberfest in October when John was bragging about how bad ass your new Axle Housing was. When I called him on it both Matt and John said they were just kidding because they knew I'd 'freak out'.

Also Subjective... I don't think that Trail Gear is 'Copying' a Diamond Housing. It's clear they have different design attributes. What's also clear is that you are willing to misrepresent the characteristics of that housing as long as you can get people talking about it now.

Earlier in this thread, someone asked how Trail Gear treats it's 'sponsored' guys. I can tell you from first hand knowledge. Matt and his crew are extremely passionate about this sport and succeeding in business. I can also tell you that when you're the 'man' it's intoxicating to be around them. But when you don't fall in line it gets very uncomfortable.

I had Marlins stickers peeled off of my rig at the first comp (back when the feud first started), I was given an ultimatum to either choose Marlin or Trail Gear before the second comp. I made the decision I thought I had to to keep the car in the series. I regret losing Marlins trust to this day.

After seperating ways at the end of the year and fulfilling my obligation to Matt completely, he insisted that I return the wheels he kicked me at the begining of the year and threatned to put me collections for an ARB locker that he bought before Cedar City.

I am sorry it had to come to this. But I can only sit back and read half truths and flat out lies for so long before I can't take it anymore.

yep if u support that type of company and attitude you should feel proud of youreself. Where ur trail mart pride stickers proudly.:rolleyes:

Wow, What a soap opera. It sucks that people are soo greedy, Or have been put in a situation to protect something valuable they have dreamed up.

no excuses said:

thanks for hijacking my thread btw... I really could care less about all the drama. Fact is Marlin Crawler wouldn't be in business today if it weren't for Chris Geiger. Start your own marlin love thread: offtopic:

But since you went down this path, I'll give my input on all of this. The fact is, TG distributes SAW air shocks like the guy on pbb with 13 posts and poly perf. or anyone else. I work in sales and deal with competition day in day out. I honestly don't give two shits who pee'd in who's cheerios. This hobby is expensive, and TG and sky and marlin and FROR and etc.etc.etc.. are competing for my $$$. I buy from the vendors who have the best price combined with the best service.

When I bought my MC07 from Marlin, I had to call multiple times to even get someone on the phone. TG sent me a tracking # 20 minutes after I placed my most recent order. I honestly do not have any bias when it comes to products whether it is marlin or TG.

Like I said, it comes down to who will work the hardest for my business. Who is JRT to me? Does he buy the parts for my rig? Do I give a **** what happened when he was sponsored by TG? NO. I do, however, care about quality parts, fast service, and someone to answer the phone or even return my calls....

Any one on here try the walkers? I've run their smaller ones.. 2.0 air shocks, 6inch travel and those kick a$$! So much that the team bought 2 more set so we can do more testing and valving quicker....

82toyomud said:
Any one on here try the walkers? I've run their smaller ones.. 2.0 air shocks, 6inch travel and those kick a$$! So much that the team bought 2 more set so we can do more testing and valving quicker....

never tried them personally. but have heard positive things. plus it comes from walker evans....usually legit stuff

o and for the love of god.....keep the marlin vs. trail gear crap out of the forum. go to pirate and whine with everyone else:looser: