• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ran out of Diesel

I cracked the cap on the filter and I was getting a little stream of fuel so I am assuming the filter area is full of fuel...

my batteries are now dead so they are charging back up and there is smoke coming from me starter...

I cracked the cap on the filter and I was getting a little stream of fuel so I am assuming the filter area is full of fuel...

my batteries are now dead so they are charging back up and there is smoke coming from me starter...

Good news is, you're getting somewhere. Might as well go buy a new starter tomorrow :haha:

did you learn your lesson?:corn::haha::fawkdancesmiley:

What lesson is that? I need to go buy a new ford tomorrow? I hear the prices are dropping maybe I can fo score a good deal...

To fill up before leaving your house knowing the hill you have to drive up to get home:fawkdancesmiley:

Nobody mentioned whether it's a 12 or 24v...on a 24, just bump the ignition sw, then leave it in the run position, the pump will run for at least 20 seconds, crack the injecor lines at the injectors (3 will do) until fuel comes out...tighten, then start it. On a 12v, crack the injector lines (again, at least 3), crank vehicle until fuel comes out, tighten then start...cuts the prime time down considerably...:awesomework:
EDIT; **** I'm tired---nevermind!!!:redneck:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure those things have mechanical fuel pumps, so your going to have to crank and crank and crank to get the air out... Have fun:flipoff:

2000 has an electric pump on the Dr framerail below the front seat...check to make sure it's working. The 2nd gens should prime pretty easy if the pump works...

Nobody mentioned whether it's a 12 or 24v...on a 24, just bump the ignition sw, then leave it in the run position, the pump will run for at least 20 seconds, crack the injecor lines at the injectors (3 will do) until fuel comes out...tighten, then start it. On a 12v, crack the injector lines (again, at least 3), crank vehicle until fuel comes out, tighten then start...cuts the prime time down considerably...:awesomework:

Do those Ferds really have 1.5 or 3 valves per cylinder? :haha:

As for the 12 valve Cummins, the 1 time I ran mine out of diesel or when I change the fuel filters, I just use the priming button on the fuel pump. Works like a charm. I've never had to crack an injector line to get it running again. :awesomework:

As for the 12 valve Cummins, the 1 time I ran mine out of diesel or when I change the fuel filters, I just use the priming button on the fuel pump. Works like a charm. I've never had to crack an injector line to get it running again. :awesomework:

I'm likin the rubbing of salt on a open wound:haha:

Buy a dodge next time:awesomework:

I know your tired, but this is a ford problem........not cummins

In the manual for fords It says and I quote "crank over motor for 2 min. to start after running out of fuel" but of course you put diesel in it first.....................but 2 minuets that is redickuless....................................................I love my Cummings

:eeek::fawkdancesmiley:

ya'll are funny. bitch'n about dodge and ford. they don't even own the motors they put in there trucks. as for running out of fuel.theres a air valve on your fuel rail. crank it over a few times then release the air out of the line, do this til you get fuel coming out. then it will start.

MY DODGE MY DODGE MY DODGE! :76::jerkit:

My buddies 04 dodge blew out axle seals in both ends this last weekend. Doing nothing but cruising up the road.

But hell dodges are perfucked and dont have any problems at all.

ya'll are funny. bitch'n about dodge and ford. they don't even own the motors they put in there trucks. as for running out of fuel.theres a air valve on your fuel rail. crank it over a few times then release the air out of the line, do this til you get fuel coming out. then it will start.
what company does have their own motor?

:corn:

:haha::haha::haha: OMG what a buch of girls,,,

I have dealt with all 3 running out of fuel

Easiest to get started--duramax followed by the old 6.2

Second is the dodge

third is the ford.

The only system you don't have to do anything with is the duramax as far as cracking any lines.