• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ran out of Diesel

Are you guys retarded or just really bored? It doesnt matter what brand you drive, running out of fuel with a diesel is a problem.:rolleyes: You have to bleed the air out of the fuel rail or injectors. I know on the older fords you have to bleed each injector to get it to start. Good luck :haha::haha:

So is it running yet? :corn:

[EDIT]: Crash, what about the genius tow truck driver who used ether to try to fire off a d-max after running it out of fuel? Or was that someone else that told me that story? :redneck:

nope I don't need the truck until next Saturday so I have lots of time but I think I may pay someone else to fawk with it just doing my part to get the economy going :hi:

So is it running yet? :corn:

[EDIT]: Crash, what about the genius tow truck driver who used ether to try to fire off a d-max after running it out of fuel? Or was that someone else that told me that story? :redneck:

You mean the one that ran on and blew apart :redneck: Ya that was me :haha:

A buddy and I had to save one of his neighbors because he'd put gas in his new-to-him Superduty.. He shut it off when it started making a terrible noise. Which meant everything was filled with gas.. We were able to swap the filter, drain the line and both heads, plus drain the tank and filled it with about 10 gallons of diesel. Then hooked up the stock pump to the battery and ran it till she filled the heads.. That was at least 6 months ago and he hasn't had any problems.

Funny all you folks with your wanking.

My duramax came with a manual pump to prime the fuel filter. It takes lots of pumps, but saves me from burning up a starter. Crank the screw open, pump till you see fuel, close the screw and start the truck.

Funny all you folks with your wanking.

My duramax came with a manual pump to prime the fuel filter. It takes lots of pumps, but saves me from burning up a starter. Crank the screw open, pump till you see fuel, close the screw and start the truck.

That setup works great for bleeding the system--but is a stitty setup for everything else.

That setup works great for bleeding the system--but is a stitty setup for everything else.

Yeah, but if I were in the situation to run out of fuel, I don't have to worry about burning up a starter.

The system ain't causing me no problems.

Last time I changed the fuel filter on Weif's TDI, I just ended up doing it the easy way and re-primed the system with this

MTY4000-2T.png

No cranky cranky necessary.

Ok let me think of what I do when my ford runs out of fuel

Owwwww I never have cuz I am smart enough to fuel it up when it gets close to empty
Can you hear the fuel pump turn on
did you check the fuel filter on the frame rail

Just a thought the filter moght have plugged when you ran it out of fuel

I think I have a different issue I assumed I ran out of diesel which would be a first for me.

I have fuel throughout the system and it is not running... :booo::booo:

Cps??

my 7.3 I had died suddenly when that went out. The other time it died, it was actually the chip I had in it went bad and screwed things up.