• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Randys ring and pinion...

Six-Nine

I broke a yukon 35 spl alloy shaft... can anybody tell me who to ask for when I call to see if they will warranty it?:redneck:

I'm hearing that there have been some Yukon shaft "issues".

Wouldn't happen to be a clean break just behind the wheel bolt flange ??

I broke a yukon 35 spl alloy shaft... can anybody tell me who to ask for when I call to see if they will warranty it?:redneck:

Made in India baby :haha::fawkdancesmiley:

Not sure if you borke front or rear but I have a set of Randy's pre-splined-cut-to-fit off the shelf rear 35 spline shafts from over 10 years ago...before being made in India, they are slightly twisted but still holding tough.

Oversees manufacturing is a great way to save dollars on labor...and quality.

Last edited:
Meh, two years of beating on them...The interesting thing is that only one side of the ears broke off...I still had 4wd. I did just winch the last couple of feet to the top, to save the Joint(Bobby longs 300M)got to the top, pulled the drive slug and then ran the south loop...:redneck:

You just need to call the customer service department, 800-347-1188 ext. 5774. As far as the Yukon axle issues we are well aware of it. Randy is doing everything he can to prevent any "issues". We just installed a $250,000 quality lab so we can test in house rather than relying on outside sources. I'll admit we had some issues for a while but that should be in the past now. We also just bought the WARN axle division (including tooling & materials). We will be keeping the normal Yukon line as well as adding the Yukon Hardcore line, these will be American made right here. We tested some out and they are VERY strong, $$$... :awesomework:

You just need to call the customer service department, 800-347-1188 ext. 5774. As far as the Yukon axle issues we are well aware of it. Randy is doing everything he can to prevent any "issues". We just installed a $250,000 quality lab so we can test in house rather than relying on outside sources. I'll admit we had some issues for a while but that should be in the past now. We also just bought the WARN axle division (including tooling & materials). We will be keeping the normal Yukon line as well as adding the Yukon Hardcore line, these will be American made right here. We tested some out and they are VERY strong, $$$... :awesomework:

You guys need a test to tell that warns shafts smoke yukons?:rolleyes:

I guess if you cant beat them, BUY them!:booo:

Meh, two years of beating on them...The interesting thing is that only one side of the ears broke off...I still had 4wd. I did just winch the last couple of feet to the top, to save the Joint(Bobby longs 300M)got to the top, pulled the drive slug and then ran the south loop...:redneck:

Its just Tahuya :haha: bummer though:booo:

You guys need a test to tell that warns shafts smoke yukons?:rolleyes:

I guess if you cant beat them, BUY them!:booo:

If you had an axle breaking machine wouldn't you want to test your new toy? I think it was 6600lbs of torque with 75% twist on a jeep inner, then the stub broke our machine... Yeah, they're strong!

Are the new shafts going to be available soon? I'm in the market for front shafts for my new buggy, need them in the next few weeks.

Are the new shafts going to be available soon? I'm in the market for front shafts for my new buggy, need them in the next few weeks.

We have plenty of the regular Yukon line. As far as the Yukon Hardcore goes, we have some of the popular D44 & D30 shafts in stock but the D60 shafts are going to be a while... A couple of months it's looking like.

I am pretty excited about the new line of shafts:awesomework:

Will this trickle into the full float rear applications?.....that would be awsome!!:beer:

Just wanted to clear something up. There is nothing wrong with the Yukon axles. I just wanted to point out was the improvements we have made in quality control. Nothing can slip through the cracks now. We just tested some Yukon shafts that were stronger than WARN! We did not buy the WARN axle division because there was anything wrong with Yukon. It is a win win situation. If our suplier can't keep up with the high demand on Yukon axles, we can make our own now :awesomework: Much more expensive but better than being out!

And what info would you go by? Something you read on the internet?:haha:

Maybe the broken yukons in my shed I cant seem to throw away, Seems like I waited a year to get some new ones that were on a forever backorder. Kept getting the runaround about how they are always out of stub shafts cuz thier big buyers get orders for thier stuff before the public does. :flipoff::kissmyass:

Shitty part is when they are back ordered you can buy them from other dealers for less and faster:booo:

Went to warns, never broke one again. and Ive seen yukon and warn shafts blow to chunks at Bobbys and at the hammers, theres no comparison. I was really surprised at the warns, they always held up killer in the machine compared to others.:beer:

I might be an ass but I dont make up my experience from the web:kissmyass::hi::beer: