• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Randys ring and pinion...

Just wanted to clear something up. There is nothing wrong with the Yukon axles. I just wanted to point out was the improvements we have made in quality control. Nothing can slip through the cracks now. We just tested some Yukon shafts that were stronger than WARN! We did not buy the WARN axle division because there was anything wrong with Yukon. It is a win win situation. If our suplier can't keep up with the high demand on Yukon axles, we can make our own now :awesomework: Much more expensive but better than being out!

Comparing warns to yukons is like comparing yukon birf elims to Longfields.:rolleyes:

I normally hate getting involved in these types of threads, but I will jump in with this:

The new series of Yukons, not even the Yukon Hardcore will be different than some of what was run in the past. There were some Yukons that had heat treat issues, and that has been solved by our in house engineering staff, and switching forgings and machining houses completely. I've worked with the first article samples from the new forgings, and the results are quite a bit better than what was last put on Bobby's machine.

I know that perceptions are not easily changed, and there will still be some availability issues for another couple months. The first round of part numbers for the 4340 axles are on the water now, but it is a small run. Hardly enough for what I want to do. But now that the processes are in place, the drawings are updated, and the quality control has improved, maybe some of the bash Yukon will subside.

And no, I am not a salesman for Yukon/Randy's. I work in purchasing, and I've been working with our suppliers, and our engineers to make sure as many of the past complaints have been addressed.

If you do have more questions, feel free to PM me.

There were some Yukons that had heat treat issues, and that has been solved by our in house engineering staff, and switching forgings and machining houses completely.
How far back do these issues go? My stuff was bought in june last year were the problems resolved before that?

How far back do these issues go? My stuff was bought in june last year were the problems resolved before that?

Heat treat on the 60 stuff was fine, there were some fitment issues last year, but I had those machined and fixed.

The D44 stuff was what we had the most issues with.