• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ranier Vista - the new Busy?

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Well, not yet:haha:

But it is coming along.

We got a good chunk of work done today.
Ralph spent the first hour hauling some guy in a sami back on the road. Apparently late last night, he went off the road and down an embankement. He must have been wheeling by himself as he was apparently camped in the middle of the road waiting for help. Whoever that was owes me $100 as it took an hour out of my excavator day.

The next part of the morning was doing trail prep so that the excavator could get up and down the trail and run off some of the water. It was like a river comeing down the trail.

Anyway, moving huge boulders up and down a hill like that is no easy task, and it takes a LONG time. I spent much of the day doing little projects on the tractor. Just about got it stuck a few times and those things are really tippy!

We were running out of hours and decided that we couldn't get the main project done which was to clear out the rocks that we stockpiled a few weeks ago, that were loose and in the middle of the trail, and build a major obstacle at the top of the hill climb. So we built obstacle #3. It's a short twisty section with large boulders that will require some solid rocker protection, big tires and lockers, and a short turning radius will help. Did I mention a little flex?????

We took the big pile that was right near the top of the hill climb and spread this out. The rocks for the most part are still loose, but much less of a risk of boulders rolling down hill or causing a rollover. For those that know the spot, there is a vegetation spot separating two lanes at this point. That vegetation will be coming out so we threw a bunch of the rocks on that. Don't care if people drive on that, it's in the middle of the trail corridor.

On the way down, we completed the "Stairway to Heaven" obstacle. These are a series of step like obstacles going up the hill. This is going to be VERY interesting as the soil was just slop today. There are two very large boulders on the side of the trail at the top of this obstacle. These will keep people from thrasing the small vegetation on the side of the trail and are plenty big enough to serve as winch points.

We put in three or 4 heavy duty water bars on lower parts of the hill climb.

There are variious places where a few rocks are placed on the trail when they were available. There were quite a few off to the side of the trail.

The soil is going to wash out quickly but Nancy came by and looked at things today. She's not concerned and knows that it will harden and compact through the summer.

I did get a couple of tree savers donated by Billy Bobs today but we won't be able to get them up and the D rings welded on for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Where is this?? Got any pics??

I was WAAAAAYYYY to wet, cold and tired by the time we finished today to get pics.

The Rainier Vista that everyone has come to know and be completely bored with, is an entirely new animimal. It still has some progression over the next few years till it's finished. But this weekend, I'd be proud if I made it up to the top without assistance.

I'm heading to Elbe on Monday morning for a day trip. I'll be checking out the log crib built by the WTF guys as well as the new stuff on Rainer Vista. If anyone unfamiliar with the area is thinking of going up I'll be glad to show you where the new stuff is.

that was my ass in the sami. and he woke me up and offered to pull me out what was i gonna say no thanks? i offered to pay ralph he just told us to get him some pictures. if you wanted money i was at the campground all weekend. sorry if i caused you trouble i was perfectly fine waitin for a buddy that was already on his way. no hard feelings i hope

that was my ass in the sami. and he woke me up and offered to pull me out what was i gonna say no thanks? i offered to pay ralph he just told us to get him some pictures. if you wanted money i was at the campground all weekend. sorry if i caused you trouble i was perfectly fine waitin for a buddy that was already on his way. no hard feelings i hope

No, no hard feelings. I just figured who ever it was that I've give him a bit of a hard time:haha:

Sorry was running a little late:haha:

I heard that someone got denied on the hill climb. It was a Cherokee on 33s, locked front and rear. He couldn't get to the top of the hill climb and didn't have a winch.

C'mon, someone has to have a few stories to share, hopefully with some pics or vids of how the Rainier Vista was this past weekend?

I heard that someone got denied on the hill climb. It was a Cherokee on 33s, locked front and rear. He couldn't get to the top of the hill climb and didn't have a winch.

C'mon, someone has to have a few stories to share, hopefully with some pics or vids of how the Rainier Vista was this past weekend?

I think that most of the folks didnt relize that the hill had been completed before the weekend. N bypassed it for the most part i talked to a few people N they seemed like they had no idea that it was complete N ready. In the weeks to come so will the carnige.:awesomework:

I think that most of the folks didnt relize that the hill had been completed before the weekend. N bypassed it for the most part i talked to a few people N they seemed like they had no idea that it was complete N ready. In the weeks to come so will the carnige.:awesomework:

Did any of your crew hit the hill climb this weekend?