• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RBD VIDEOS

lowbudgetjunk said:
Piper, correct me if I am wrong. Do you have a seat that is designed for your childs size? I was thinking you had one of those PRP preemie or teen seats. I have no dog in this fight and actually put my child in a 5 point harness, childs seat. I am just trying to compare apples to apples.

I also don't think Adam would intentionally try to hurt anyone, he is a pretty alright guy. But, even in the safe (so we deem them) situations, bad stuff can happen. Donuts in a parking lot has killed more wheelers lately than anything, even driving to the park.

Absolutely , he has a preemie. It makes a big difference in his fit and it gives a lot of extra padding sitting in a full size seat.

I have forgot his seat once or twice and he is still "ok" except I can't get his belts tight as I want it without the booster.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, I'll take it down if deemed inappropriate or Kevin doesn't like it.

I have spent quite a few nights in Childrens with my boy. I really got to spend some time with Kevin while mine and his boy were at Children's. Both of our sons have had a rough first couple of years. Add on top of that Bradley's tragedy with his son and we start seeing how precious life is. Safety should be jumped on early and often. I still yell at my buddy Bobby to wear more than his lap belt. Hopefully one day he will.

This has escalated too quickly. Be safe is the message and protect the little one, easy enough. I'm out, sorry I missed the ride, I had catastrophic brake failure again.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb, I'll take it down if deemed inappropriate or Kevin doesn't like it.

I have spent quite a few nights in Childrens with my boy. I really got to spend some time with Kevin while mine and his boy were at Children's. Both of our sons have had a rough first couple of years. Add on top of that Bradley's tragedy with his son and we start seeing how precious life is. Safety should be jumped on early and often. I still yell at my buddy Bobby to wear more than his lap belt. Hopefully one day he will.

This has escalated too quickly. Be safe is the message and protect the little one, easy enough. I'm out, sorry I missed the ride, I had catastrophic brake failure again.
If be safe is the message how do you feel there was something unsafe happening Kel?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about being unsafe. Just that what we do is inherently unsafe. I have personally had multiple instances where things have gone wrong quickly. The proper seat for the size person can be a safety issue. I am guessing that is where the concern is. I do not know the boys weight, height or how he was strapped in. Those could be potential safety risks that the child could have encountered. You were there, made a decision, good enough. Kevin sees it differently and voiced his opinion. Neither of you are wrong, just opinionated. Sometimes too much :flipoff1:

Best thing y'all can do is calm down and try and be careful as best you know how. I have had a few folks pissed that my child was in the truggy going up some hills. I have had Kush tell me that I should take my child out on a particular hill and that he would never put his child on that hill. To each their own. I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to my own children, but I don't put them in a bubble where they'll never get a scratch either. We all live and learn and the biggest thing to get out of this is that Kevin was concerned for the safety of a child. Sucking a shotgun over wanting to protect a child seems like the worst thing you could tell someone that was just showing concern over a little ones safety.

i apologize if anyone read my above comment and felt it was being a smart ass.

My #1 goal in life is to protect and provide for my family. If anyone happens to be on the trail and notices me doing an unsafe act please stop me.

Adam and Kevin you guys are both good dudes I'd be willing to bet under different circumstances y'all would be cool , I hate that you guys aren't.

Life is short :driving:

I forgot about this post and just ran across it while sitting at lunch, I did not mean for it to start all of this but, small kiddos might not be able to hold their arms in on a roll or stop their little heads from snapping in a hard hit, and I as well as all of you have wheeled enough to know that sometimes things go to **** quick. Everyone has an opinion and I'm not telling anyone what to do, but it would kill me for anything to happen to either one of my two, and I have an 18 year old and a 2 year old. I just always made my older boy get out at the hard obstacles until he was prob 13 or so. Let's just drop this topic and get back to the thread, maybe this just should have been a individual topic in general discussion ??

Jon Piper said:
My son is 4 and he rides everywhere we go. I'd go up the same side of primos with him and he wife in the Sammy and wouldn't think anything about it.

I could see if the buggy was an unsafe pos but that's a good one and ole Adam wouldn't intentionally do something dangerous with a kid in there. I'd let cash ride with him.

There is more chance of getting ran over on the way to the park with kiddo in the truck than get hurt riding. Maybe I'm wrong and should make sure Cash is safer when we ride :dunno:

But don't you have a booster seat that goes in the other seat for your boy?

Yeah he has a PRP seat that sits down in the corbeau.
Fits his little guy like a glove.
Pretty sweet set up

Are they the ones that use to come this way with that old smith built Rockwell buggy?

Love the videos! Can you get Tripp or whatever the dudes name is to STFU. Even his breath makes us southerners sound dumber ::)

jeepmedic said:
Love the videos! Can you get Tripp or whatever the dudes name is to STFU. Even his breath makes us southerners sound dumber ::)

Minus the part where he yells at the retard in the black yota to put on his belts. Whats it going to take to get people to use the safety equipment they have!

snoball said:
Minus the part where he yells at the retard in the black yota to put on his belts. Whats it going to take to get people to use the safety equipment they have!

They had lap belts on.