• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RBD VIDEOS

SHELBS44 said:
I know it's gonna take some r&i to make sure it doesn't cut out but in my new rig I'm putting in contact switches where it won't start unless I'm strapped in

Jake Burkey(Burkeyracing.com) was developing this idea and had a prototype setup and video after the passing of Shannon Fox. Might want to hit him up if you're looking for this. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
Jake Burkey(Burkeyracing.com) was developing this idea and had a prototype setup and video after the passing of Shannon Fox. Might want to hit him up if you're looking for this. thumb.gif

Thanks Greg yeah I saw where he was making a buzzer that won't cut off until strapped in and Iv thought of that too. It will be a little while
Before I get deeper into it. Got to get it rolling first haha

SHELBS44 said:
Thanks Greg yeah I saw where he was making a buzzer that won't cut off until strapped in and Iv thought of that too. It will be a little while
Before I get deeper into it. Got to get it rolling first haha

If it saves one person, it is a success but would like to see it expand. Glad I could help. thumb.gif

Why does this buggy lean so much when he parks it? Just curious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 417
Not enough rebound dampening in the bypass shocks or poor suspension geometry....probably bypass valving and/or possibly even coilover valving too.

I'm kind of mixed on the anti rock bars. I'm just a wee lad with a lot to learn in the suspension world, but if you got the shocks set up to where they soak up bumps, don't bottom out landing a jump, and it just works for you, and you are tired of tuning on it, but it leans like this, throw a sway bar on it and go. There's a lot more to tune when you throw bypass shocks on there.

If the suspension is not where you want it after some tuning, and it leans, then I would consider a sway bar a band aid. Like if I would have put a sway bar on my Toyota before changing rear air shocks to shorter 2.5's and linking the front paired with coilovers, it would have been a bandaid.

Just my uneducated theory, not saying it's right. Just how I currently view the matter. lol.

Adam, just out of curiosity, are you running the coilovers like normal, or just as coil carriers and letting the bypass shocks do the damping?

This is the buggys 2nd time out, I can assure you it's not poor suspension geometry. Shocks have stock valving , ? Spring rate. He will get all the bugs worked out and it will not lean like this

Cool, new buggy! Sounds like not enough rebound damping then, shocks trying to unload. Nitrogen levels could play a small factor in it too.

So if you take the valving out of the shocks , park it on a 20 degree slope from a driving position with say the tires turned or just the weight of the rig will not allow it to initiate a lean easier than having the correct valving?
I personally think the spring rate could be off some , valving is off and it needs a swaybar

al1tonyota said:
No way can shock valving make a vehicle lean! Nitrogen pressure with coilovers or bypasses won't make a vehicle lean!

How can shock valving not make a vehicle lean?? Maybe I'm just thinking about air shocks more than coilovers, but the same principal applies when a shock is a shock - a piston traveling through oil pressurized by nitrogen. If the shim stack for rebound is not providing enough resistance on the oil flowing through the piston, would that not allow it to unload easier? If there is more n20 in it, would that not cause it to unload easier? I know you set your ride height with n20 in an air shock, obviously ride height is set by coil springs on coilovers, but too much n20 in the coilover or moreso the bypass shock in this case should cause it to unload easier, right?

gatekeeper said:
So if you take the valving out of the shocks , park it on a 20 degree slope from a driving position with say the tires turned or just the weight of the rig will not allow it to initiate a lean easier than having the correct valving?
I personally think the spring rate could be off some , valving is off and it needs a swaybar
The valving only slows the oil while moving. Once the vehicle has stopped the oil isn't moving hence the valving doesn't make a difference. Example how many beaters have you seen with no shocks and leaf springs? It won't cause the vehicle to lean because the spring is what is holding the vehicle up. My old buggy the rock tractor had single triangulated four link front and rear with spools front and rear when you turned in a circle it would unload on the inside either way you turned! I believe it is called roll center? And has something to do with when you articulate the axle it makes the rear or front axle turn slightly through the articulation range? The nitrogen in a co is compressing the oil in the shock to keep it from cavitating while moving through the valves, it will slightly raise ride hieght maybe an inch or two with the vehicle supported by the springs but won't support the weight of the vehicle with no spring.

al1tonyota said:
The valving only slows the oil while moving. Once the vehicle has stopped the oil isn't moving hence the valving doesn't make a difference. Example how many beaters have you seen with no shocks and leaf springs? It won't cause the vehicle to lean because the spring is what is holding the vehicle up. My old buggy the rock tractor had single triangulated four link front and rear with spools front and rear when you turned in a circle it would unload on the inside either way you turned! I believe it is called roll center? And has something to do with when you articulate the axle it makes the rear or front axle turn slightly through the articulation range? The nitrogen in a co is compressing the oil in the shock to keep it from cavitating while moving through the valves, it will slightly raise ride hieght maybe an inch or two with the vehicle supported by the springs but won't support the weight of the vehicle with no spring.

X2