• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RC trucks

Hotrodpayton

Jesus Saves
Thinking about getting into some RC stuff. My son loves to drive the little cheap crawlers he's had over the last year. So I am thinking about buying us a couple to play with around home only. No comps, anyone have experience with Traxxas vs. Losi? Don't really want a crawler only type, he will get bored with that quick. So I was looking at the losi that will do like 40 mph, or like the revo 3.3, I'd love a XMaxx.

I've got a Axial Bomber and it's a blast to play with. It's not super super fast but it is faster than a crawler type and it can still get down and crawl.

I am new to this also but a few weeks ago I found the Traxxas K5 and 70's Bronco... damn those things are cool. Even have functional portal axles.

I found some Youtube vidoes of these things and I love watching them with my 3 year old son. He is fascinated by them!

5fb6cd994b14b94de73c52f0b6d16f3c.jpg

I got drunk one day and cut the tires. Climbs dirt hills like a champ now

b4b5e6b96ffdaea352669022faf5eda2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How fast is it? How much you end up spending on it with battery and charger?

Hard to beat a RTR Axial crawler for toughness and parts availability.

You can pick up used ones for pretty cheap, usually with some basic upgrades that make them a lot more fun/durable

A few decent size Lipo batteries and a charger will set you back $150-200, but its nice to be able to run for 30-45 minutes (or more) without having to change batteries

I beat the snot out of an scx10 rubicon that was completely stock with a 3s lipo for about a year. Finally broke a tie rod.

The Luke said:
I beat the snot out of an scx10 rubicon that was completely stock with a 3s lipo for about a year. Finally broke a tie rod.

You need to bring it and i'll bring my bomber next ride

I have 3 boys under 12. We love driving our bashers. We have 4 Traxxas cars and 1 old rock crawler.

The Crawler was good when the boys were small to learn how to steer and stuff. Now we only use it when we are out in the woods.

We also have 2 Traxas Slash's. one is 2 wheel drive one is 4x4. My 12 year old bought a Ruslter. All 3 of them are so much fun. You can bash the crap out of them. Jumps, racing, donuts and crash up derby. They all break eventually but they can take a beating. Fixing them is easy. A lot of the parts are interchangeable between the 3 cars. You can start with the Brushed motor (because they are cheaper) then upgrade when your kid gets better. They also have trainer modes to keep the speed down.

My car is a Traxxas ERevo. Its 1/10th scale. 4x4. Its crazy fast. Does flips when you jump by hitting the brakes or gassing it in the air. Its a blast but it breaks every time I take it out.

The Traxxas we have don't crawl but they are fairly cheap and can take a beating. I would also suggest getting 2 so you guys can race.

Slash 4x4 are fun, especially if you get 2-3 of them together. the brushless setup is best for torque and run time and they don't break too much if you only run 2s lipos. Mainly lower A arms from crashing hard. The body takes most of the punishment when you flip and crash.

I ran 4 paddle tires on mine most of the time

I've got a LOSI 1/10th scale buggy.
I added monster truck 2.2 wheels & tires & re geared appropriately. It's fast as hell on 4S...
Also 2 Losi crawlers.
Build quality seems better to me than buddies Traxxas, but parts availability seems much better with Traxxas...

For what little that's worth...

I keep saying I'm going to buy an Axial Bomber but I never get around to actually doing it for fear it would just sit in a corner and collect dust after a few weeks.

ridered3 said:
After being around the Bomber RC's, I've been tempted to purchase one, but I'm cheap so never pull the trigger.

So I got a blue one of these as a Christmas present from the Wally World for $30.00.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-bright-rc-1-15-scale-ford-bronco-rock-crawler-usb-radio-control-truck-green/755305042

Ended up costing me another one but in Green for the wife. They aren't the greatest, but enjoyable for the 30-45 minutes of charge time.

I can't find that picture you took of mine at CFR or whatever event it was a couple years ago.