• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rci fuel cell cracked

Re: Re:

30th6 said:
I had one Crack after double welded, got the rock crawler at 1/2 price and haven't had a problem since.
They are awsome company to deal with for shure. I was not the original purchaser of the cell, but they didn't care they wanted to make it right.
I had to setup a different fuel system for the external pump though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
This the willys buggy?

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with RCI. They told me I cant buy directly through them and I'd need to call one of their distributors like Summit or Jegs. Lame.

I've got the 15 gallon RCI you referenced in your OP. Mine cracked down the seam last year and being as I wasn't the original purchaser I didn't think RCI would do anything with it. I had one of the welders at work fix it for me and so far, no issues. If it cracks again, I'll be calling RCI for one of those rock crawler tanks.

kmcminn said:
Mine cracked once. They rewelded the cell. After that I never had anymore issues.

I bought a bladder cell but never used it. I ended up selling it to chad.
After seeing the bladder cell first hand, did you notice any downfall to using it instead of an aluminum cell?

You dont have to be the original owner. I have shipped two back to be rewelded neither of which I originally purchased

Sooo just talked to RCI they had a fire on Nov 5th and burnt to the ground.
Said she can't do anything until mid jan. They are rebuilding.

molaugh. All in fun, I do hate that it happened to a staple in the offroad community.

Dwalk are you the fella that was night riding with Clint and Lee at HPO week or so ago?
I was riding with Clint cause I had a busted fuel cell.

But seriously they seem like good people at rci. I'm glad they are rebuilding.

Yea, that's me., good to meet yall, .........I joke around alot.. I'm sure they are good people at RCI. They will be back soon I'm sure, good company with good products.