• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCI Fuel Cell double welded

Re: Re:

xjcrawler said:
They run a second weld on top of the first because they usually split down the first weld.
That's what I figured... Why the hell not do that from the get go?

I run one for a few years in my old CJ had it sitting on some belt line material with some homemade bent straps with rubber on them also and no problems

Re:

Rokcrler said:
Just cause I r not smart...WTF is double welded?
Just means they messed it up the 1st time so they want a second chance. The cheap universal rci stuff is junk. It's very thin and no baffels to help add strength. Welding a piece of angle on all 4 corners seems to cure the corners cracking.

My new RCI Rock Crawler cell was leaking around the sending unit first ride. RCI sent me a new seal to try and fix it from leaking but it didn't fix it, so now they are sending me a new fuel cell. So it seems like they haven't quite fixed there problem of leaking cells....

sledneck said:
Just means they messed it up the 1st time so they want a second chance. The cheap universal rci stuff is junk. It's very thin and no baffels to help add strength. Welding a piece of angle on all 4 corners seems to cure the corners cracking.

When mine cracked and I called them, they told me they hadn't built that tank with rock crawlers in mind. More of a street rod application. Hence the new versions/double welding while waiting on the new version. I didn't like the fact mine split, but couldn't ask for a company to stand behind their product any better. Free replacement with a dbl welded one, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk