• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV everyone???

86chevota

Anyone running RCV in their Rockwell's am :smoke: over the idea of some RCV? Trying to keep up with Pholmann and Tony :****:

Re:

Yeah they also hang out over on www.realjock.com forums alot, May want to check them out.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I just put a set in the front of mine, got a pretty good deal on them. RCV builds a great axle shaft, but arent to familiar with rockwells as a whole it seemed. If you are talking the 47 spline you will have to get the spindles bored out and you will have to get the inner seals separate. I got mine from Ouverson.

pinkstonmm said:
I just put a set in the front of mine, got a pretty good deal on them. RCV builds a great axle shaft, but arent to familiar with rockwells as a whole it seemed. If you are talking the 47 spline you will have to get the spindles bored out and you will have to get the inner seals separate. I got mine from Ouverson.

Am not 100% on the 47 spline. They are going in a junkie ass jeep I trail riding only. Not a big fan of waiting forever on ouverson shafts

Re:

infamous1 said:
Are you breaking the stock stuff?

Knock on wood not yet. I have a worn out 360AMC now but would like repower with a LS from pholmann one day.

Re:

I'd get some spare stock shafts and wait til the second break before you upgrade. I've seen two stock shafts break on trail driven Rockwell rigs and it was full on stupid when it happened.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I'd get some spare stock shafts and wait til the second break before you upgrade. I've seen two stock shafts break on trail driven Rockwell rigs and it was full on stupid when it happened.

Sounds like a really good idea probadly what I will do

Re:

I mean "bling" parts are cool but, put your monies toward re-power if that's what you want.

infamous1 said:
I mean "bling" parts are cool but, put your monies toward re-power if that's what you want.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Damn if you can afford rcvs for Rockwells an ls should be no problem :****: freaking 4K a set and those ain't 47 spline. Bad thing is I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to upgrade mine since you know 47s weigh a metric **** ton

I've had no issues with mine I was debating putting their 16 spline in mine but they was the same price as the 47 so I went that route yes spools costed alittle more but well worth it in the end Seals you'll have to get from ouverson or Jim Gerst Spindles you can have em bored or in my case it was 50$ (Per spindle) more just to get the 300m from ouverson so that's the route I went. Ouverson makes one hell of a product I've got a lot of buddies that run his shafts and they are happy with em they have broke an axle and randy has replaced it. Only deciding factor for me was I asked randy about replacing if I break one he said "break one and we will talk about it ". Asked RCV the same question their response " no questions asked we will replace it and get it to you as fast as we can even if we have to personally deliver them to you". No questions after that I went RCV.

I will say this if you have any kinda bend/ manufactor mistake/ so many different company built these axles that may have been rushed/ not gave a ****/ beer 30. When they built your axle it will show its self when you put in 2" shafts So don't be surprised if you have to cut/ adjust your housing Me and my local buddies have put in 8 sets of 2" shafts in and had to adjust 2 housings not bad just pointing out Good luck and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask

NTIDWELL said:
I've had no issues with mine I was debating putting their 16 spline in mine but they was the same price as the 47 so I went that route yes spools costed alittle more but well worth it in the end Seals you'll have to get from ouverson or Jim Gerst Spindles you can have em bored or in my case it was 50$ (Per spindle) more just to get the 300m from ouverson so that's the route I went. Ouverson makes one hell of a product I've got a lot of buddies that run his shafts and they are happy with em they have broke an axle and randy has replaced it. Only deciding factor for me was I asked randy about replacing if I break one he said "break one and we will talk about it ". Asked RCV the same question their response " no questions asked we will replace it and get it to you as fast as we can even if we have to personally deliver them to you". No questions after that I went RCV.

I will say this if you have any kinda bend/ manufactor mistake/ so many different company built these axles that may have been rushed/ not gave a ****/ beer 30. When they built your axle it will show its self when you put in 2" shafts So don't be surprised if you have to cut/ adjust your housing Me and my local buddies have put in 8 sets of 2" shafts in and had to adjust 2 housings not bad just pointing out Good luck and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask

Thank you sir a lot of good info!

pholmann said:
Want me to show you how to break that thing? :rolf:

Yea I give you 5mins. Thats why I let Jeremy drive my junk back when I rode back with JohnG . Call me a ***** but after that ass whipping you put on your buggy my junk is not safe with you :drinkers: