• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rcv questions???

Re: Re: rcv questions???

I wish they still made a full float kit for the 8.8

that's really the only reason I'd like a 1 ton rear axle.....limping off the trail reasons

Tony,
Just go ahead and up grade to D60's. You could run them stock with 42's or less under your Cherokee with out any problems at all. Got to be less money than building D44's w/ RCV's. Also after market support for D60's is alot better if or when you build something nasty.

Id still hafta gear and lock those 60's......aaaaand buy big boy wheels and tires.

Trust me...it all READS really cool to rock some tons and 40+" tires but honestly with me havin no trailer...no tow pig....no place to put either and having to drive from/to the trail, i just cant justify the costs and fabbing.

I can do right now pretty much everything at Windrock with no winch except for RattleRock(which i dont even like) and the bottom of Rail Trail.

I think stickin with 36's or 37's would realistically make more sense for my whole situation.

My main objective is self recovery/being able to get off the trail.

I sold that 03 Superduty front 60 but i still have that rear 70 which would be a super easy swap on leaf springs. Jus need to really shave that 70.

Thats what id like to have anything I can beat the Hell out of on the trail & drive home but with my driving style I done have that kind of cash

Re: Re: Re: rcv questions???

reedracing87 said:
Thats what id like to have anything I can beat the Hell out of on the trail & drive home but with my driving style I done have that kind of cash

Exactly. If i had the FF rear end i could realistcally still drive home with 3 broke axles.

The 8.8 disk axle can get you off the trail....but dont think id run road speeds that way for 30+ minutes.

tonybolton said:
Exactly. If i had the FF rear end i could realistcally still drive home with 3 broke axles.

The 8.8 disk axle can get you off the trail....but dont think id run road speeds that way for 30+ minutes.
Do they still offer the C-clip eliminator?

They do....but whats the point? A 96 up explorer 8.8 has disk brakes that hold the axle in enough to limp off the trail.

Jus dont think id run at high speeds with it wobblin around back there.

An e350 60 would be very close to the right width and would have 32 spline shafts (I think) big enough for 35 spline. And would already have discs.

reedracing87 said:
Are u going to cut the 1ton down to match wouldn't it be wider than your front?

I was going to use a 2" adapter/spacer on the front to convert it to 8 lug and widen it to 68-ish inches.

xjkrawler said:
An e350 60 would be very close to the right width and would have 32 spline shafts (I think) big enough for 35 spline. And would already have discs.

The D70 i have measures right at 67".

Not much more than my current 8.8 with 2" spacer/adapter.

Would the spacer hold up? Id figure it would just cause more problem stress on wheel studs & bearings not sure just a guess?

Been running the Adapt-It rear adapters for 3 or so years now on the rear.

Everyone wonders how i got a 6 lug 8.8 ;D(matches the stock front waggy 6 lug)

The adapter is incredibly beefy...and has a lifetime warranty.

reedracing87 said:
Would the spacer hold up? Id figure it would just cause more problem stress on wheel studs & bearings not sure just a guess?

I been running spacers on the back of my duramax on 35s for 120k miles, and virtually all Toyotas you see on the trail have bolt on spacers

tonybolton said:
Been running the Adapt-It rear adapters for 3 or so years now on the rear.

Everyone wonders how i got a 6 lug 8.8 ;D(matches the stock front waggy 6 lug)

The adapter is incredibly beefy...and has a lifetime warranty.

Isn't that a 2 peice adapter?

tonybolton said:

I wasn't sure about running the 2 peice adpater to go 6 lug. So i just converted the front to 5 lug and ran normal adapters/spacers on the 8.8.