• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rcv

haven't noticed any clicking in mine yet. been on 4 trips thus far and beat on them pretty good. So far, so good.

I've noticed mine clicking when turning and backing up, just the short side axle though? I'm going to tear it down and inspect it to see what's going on.

Been wheelin mine for four years now. Have never heard clicking. Ive always run the RCV moly grease.

I've had a set of longs in a Toyota buggy it would click in both joints rode it like that for 8-9 months kept trying to break them since like mentioned it wasn't a warranty issue without them being broke! I finally sent both of the outers back to Bobby he was able to rebuild one and replaced the other! Had a couple of dana60 sized joints in my last buggy that clicked also but as soon as they would start I would send them back and get them checked since I was racing.

JohnG said:
Don't steer them past 45 degrees. They can rebuild them if it gets bad, but it not a warranty item.
I've never read anything or seen it anywhere, but when a 60 is turned and hits the stock steering stops, anyone know how many degrees that is? Just curious. I try to NEVER turn full lock and give it hell. There has been situations but that's why I have those amazing 17 plus point turns john g witnessed the other day at Choco. When he turned and I missed the turn. Haha thought he was gonna leave me it took so long. Then I realized he was Gettin to much enjoyment out of my frustration. Ha but it can't be 45* can it?

i always thought 50* was max......which is possible with RCV's, but not easily (can be done with additional machining of the yokes) possible with a u-joint style front axle.

We test all our axles at 45 degrees for breakage. I would suggest the safe zone to be around 42 degrees. For reference, a stock Dana 60 axle would bind at around 38 degrees and the factory knuckles are designed for a max of around 32 degrees.