• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommend me some tars!

Since we're talking tires, what's the opinion of the swamper ltb in the 17/40 size. To hard a compound or not enough spacing in the tread, don't see them used much.

3pgnebs said:
Since we're talking tires, what's the opinion of the swamper ltb in the 17/40 size. To hard a compound or not enough spacing in the tread, don't see them used much.
I had some for a short time and sold them. They may be hard to get for awhile because of the problems with a plant closing a couple years ago and other molds having to be moved around. I'm pretty sure that size LTB was being made in China and may have been one that they were having trouble getting

3pgnebs said:

All the LTBs seem to not hook up very good unless you really heat them up, and they still don't really get any stickier.

They are aggressive and work good for mud

Sorry Crier, not interested, just have some parts I need to start putting together sometime in the future and tires is way down on the purchase list. Had just seen a set in a ad on the red Rubicon for sale and wanted to get peoples opinion on them. Their was a lot of talk when they were first introduced, but then fizzled away and figured they didn't hook very well or you would see more being used.