• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommend me some tars!

Re: Re: Re: Recommend me some tars!

bamatoy said:
you're right about the reverse center wheels(dont get them) I used to run 3.5 BS and had to grind the calipers down. Its not that bad once you do the first one to find out how much meat to cut out.

I had reverse center rims on my Tacoma, welded on beadlocks, bogged 2 different tire machines down even with 2 of us trying to help the machine around..... trying to get the tire on from the front in order to beadlock it. Tore the bead on the tire up pretty bad.

Now if you aren't gonna beadlock your wheels, reverse centers are the way to go. They are made to put the tire on from the back side of the rim and it's harder to push the tire off the rim from the outside while wheeling. Every now and then, mine would burp air from the inside bead, but rarely the outside bead unless some bark got shoved down in it or something.

So I went ahead and bolted the beadlock rings on em and they still served a purpose as rock rings to keep the wheel from getting bent or warped.

pe4uze2a.jpg

he9upera.jpg

TacomaJD said:
I had reverse center rims on my Tacoma, welded on beadlocks, bogged 2 different tire machines down even with 2 of us trying to help the machine around..... trying to get the tire on from the front in order to beadlock it. Tore the bead on the tire up pretty bad.

Now if you aren't gonna beadlock your wheels, reverse centers are the way to go. They are made to put the tire on from the back side of the rim and it's harder to push the tire off the rim from the outside while wheeling. Every now and then, mine would burp air from the inside bead, but rarely the outside bead unless some bark got shoved down in it or something.

So I went ahead and bolted the beadlock rings on em and they still served a purpose as rock rings to keep the wheel from getting bent or warped.

pe4uze2a.jpg

he9upera.jpg

Damn I miss Mountainside :-[

Glen1978 said:
Thanks for the info, I definetly wana beadlock em. I'll just stick to 3.5" BS and that should keep it good.

I'm pretty sure backspacing and the wheel center are completely unrelated.

muddinmetal said:
Damn I miss Mountainside :-[

Hell yeah, me too! Escalator was a fun, tall climb on TSL's! My TSL's stuck to the rock there really good when it was dry and warm outside.

Stickies are gay! ... Until you own a set. I was a hater til I got some, now I'm a believer. When these wear out I'll buy another set.

Man, I feel like I made a mistake last year. I have 39 blue labels krawlers and I like them. There better then my swampers and boggers. I guess I have to get a some red labels to see how much different they are. Should I get rid of my blue labels?

rocky tj said:
Man, I feel like I made a mistake last year. I have 39 blue labels krawlers and I like them. There better then my swampers and boggers. I guess I have to get a some red labels to see how much different they are. Should I get rid of my blue labels?

I would like to see some comparison vids or hear first hand testimonies of someone that has ran blues then switched to reds on the same rig and same size tire. I think JohnG used to have a set of blues and now has ran multiple sets of reds??

Oh, and I did knock a tsl off the rim of my reverse center wheels on the old Taco. This was before the diy beadlock install fail. BUT...the reason was, some of the tires slow leaked and I didn't check air in them before wheeling one day, so it prolly only had 4 or 5 psi in it and burped enough air on the inside bead and I kept going before I noticed ppl saying passenger side tire was off rim.

e2e6u9yb.jpg

You can see how deep the center goes compared to a standard center wheel, making it harder to unseat the bead from the outside if you get up against something. I usually ran 8-10 psi and rarely had any issues.

TacomaJD said:
I'm pretty sure backspacing and the wheel center are completely unrelated.

I think it does....but I could be wrong. Seems like they can only backspace so far without flipping the rim around or some ****. But I have been known to dream up crap. Seems that you only see RC if they backspacing is REALLY shallow....like 2.5", etc. I'll check more after I make the deal on the used 42's. Dang Id like new ones but cant justify 15-20% more tread for another $1150 and only have 4 tires vs. the 5 Im fidna nab.

For the best in weld on beadlocks hit us up https://totalmetalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=130

We can also get you some good deals on 43 SX and 43 SX Stickies

not to change this thread up, but if money wasnt an issue, how are the sticky treps compared to red labels. was wondering if anybody had any real time with both tires. Sidewalls, quickness of "wear-out", stuff like that.

Rockrunner86 said:
For the best in weld on beadlocks hit us up https://totalmetalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=130

Thanks for the heads up on the locks. Look like a pretty good price.

Rockrunner86 said:

They are nice, buddy recently got a set. I like the built in anti-coning.

southernwonton said:
how are the sticky treps compared to red labels. was wondering if anybody had any real time with both tires. Sidewalls, quickness of "wear-out", stuff like that.

I've had three buggies with sticky treps and sticky krawlers on the same buggy. No comparison except in sand. Krawlers win hands down. Treps wear out quicker, but both wear fast. Trep sidewalls do get cut, but not as easy as BFGs. Treps just don't work for me.

Guys with a heavy foot do better with Treps but "every tire's a sticky when you white smoke 'em."

I haven't heard any input on MT/R's on here but I've heard a few guys elsewhere that swear by them. Any input? I'm probably a year out on replacing my Iroks but been researching already.

onepieceatatime said:
I haven't heard any input on MT/R's on here but I've heard a few guys elsewhere that swear by them. Any input? I'm probably a year out on replacing my Iroks but been researching already.

I'd choose the MT/Rs just to get a 42 in a truly sticky compound that doesn't require a 20 inch rim