• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Red or yellow top

red tops do not like to sit very long without being used. thats all I know.

for that reason I went with a diehard platinum. I let my truck sit for like 8 months and the battery was still like new when I went to start my truck. costs a little more then an optima but I think its worth it.

red tops are your everyday battery

yellow tops are a cross between a everyday batt and a deep cycle . good for starting and winching

blue tops are deep cycle, good for winches, boat electronics. not recommended for starting

red tops do not like to sit very long without being used. thats all I know.

for that reason I went with a diehard platinum. I let my truck sit for like 8 months and the battery was still like new when I went to start my truck. costs a little more then an optima but I think its worth it.

is the diehard platinum a gell cell battery?

Neither, go with the Exide Orbitol. Optima's quality control went down the shitter years ago. Thru my business we have replaced way too many that have gone bad well before the warranty expires.

is the diehard platinum a gell cell battery?

yup, with more CCA's and a longer warrenty then optima.

platinum 880 CCA 4 year warrenty

yellow top 750 CCA (at most) 3 year warrenty

red top 800 CCA (at most) 3 year warrenty

I say (at most) because it depends on what group battery you need. some of them have less CCA's, I just listed the one with the most.

Last edited:
damn..u guys love ur orbitals...dont ya?:rolleyes: i wouldnt run an exide if it was free

edit: i thought the optimas had like a 60, or 75 month warranty?

Last edited:
I tried finding info on teh orbital, and I see high CCA's (890 and 950 for the deep cycle) but cant find any warrenty info.

I own two RED tops

One I aquired about 7 years ago when I worked at Schucks part time. It came in as a core because it was "Dead". It was about 2 years old at the time. So I put it on the charger, it came up no problem. I traded it for a regular dead lead battery I had kickin round so I could have it.

It is in my one ton dually to this day. Works great.

The other one I purchased at the Interstate batteries warehouse over by 128th in South Everett as a BLEM for 80.00 about 3 years ago now. It is in my wheeler. I have never had one problem. IT has sat for months durring the winter and keeps going. I try to get out once in a while and start the truck and let it come up to full operating temp, but that doesn't always happen.

Optimas are junk

Orbitals are junk

You'll be better off with a lead acid than those two. I put a Odyssey PC1700 in my truck and had a starting issue this weekend in the snow. Had a sensor go dead and the truck flooded out. After 20-30 minutes of diagnosing and trying to continually start the battery was still going strong as ever until we got it going. Sure they are money but it's worth it with experiences like that

Latest posts