• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter users pool: Do you have a discover pass?

Purchased a Discover pass?

• Yes, one discover pass

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Yes, two discover passes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
At the Elbe DNR meeting Doug said that DNR is actually getting more money than before for recreation since there was very little general fund money in previous budgets. The good news is that we may see some actual improvements with this money. The bad news is once the Legislature finds out off highway recreation isn't broke they'll take NOVA and more Pass money away and we'll be double fuked.

fawk! you in luv with the guv?

No, I just work with them and have 3 vehicles that go out on state land for fun or work, and a 4th used less often which depending on how the year goes may not be getting a pass.

At least I don't work for the government and have to buy a pass for my personal vehicles.

With all this new money, the Reiter project is being fast-tracked and will open next year right?

At the October Walker Valley Focus Group Meeting, Chris Thomsen from DNR explained that even though DNR and WDFW get the small portions of the money from the Discover Pass (8% each as opposed to 84% for Parks), DNR and WDFW get their shares first.

At the October Walker Valley Focus Group Meeting, Chris Thomsen from DNR explained that even though DNR and WDFW get the small portions of the money from the Discover Pass (8% each as opposed to 84% for Parks), DNR and WDFW get their shares first.

Yeah, but there is something like 300,000 hunters in this state that get a discover pass with thier license. I bet there isn't that many wheelers.

You don't get a disco pass with your hunting/fishing license. You get a pass that gives you access to DFW controlled lands only, not all state lands like with the disco pass.

You don't get a disco pass with your hunting/fishing license. You get a pass that gives you access to DFW controlled lands only, not all state lands like with the disco pass.

It says discovery pass on it and it's the same logo.

When did you buy your license? If it was in the spring, they hadn't been issued yet. If later you likely got charged for a disco pass. Unless they gave them as a compromise to hunters until the 2012 season? I'd read it again to see if it says disco or recreational use permit on the heat sensitive paper.

It says discovery pass on it and it's the same logo.

It's not a discovery pass it's a "vehicle access pass" and it's not supposed to give anyone access to all DNR recreation lands. Seems to be a shade of gray where it's usefull but the law is clear that a "discovery pass" is required and it's also clear the pass sold with a hunting license isn't a discovery pass......Live it up while it works as it's my guess that when they catch on this will change.

solely for access to the department of fish and wildlife recreation
13 sites or lands. The vehicle access pass is only available to a person
14 who purchases a current valid: Big game hunting license issued under
15 RCW 77.32.450; small game hunting license issued under RCW 77.32.460;
16 western Washington pheasant permit issued under RCW 77.32.575; trapping
17 license issued under RCW 77.65.450; watchable wildlife decal issued
18 under RCW 77.32.560; or combination, saltwater, or freshwater personal
19 use fishing license issued under RCW 77.32.470.
20 (2) One vehicle access pass must be issued per purchase pursuant to
21 subsection (1) of this section.
22 (3) The vehicle access pass is valid for the license year of the
23 license it is purchased with.

How much did your license cost? There are lots of different Big Game licenses, is it Bear, Deer, Elk, or Cougar?
Knowing Jaydog, It's all 4!

Yes it is all four :redneck:

But, it comes with any license

It's not a discovery pass it's a "vehicle access pass" and it's not supposed to give anyone access to all DNR recreation lands. Seems to be a shade of gray where it's usefull but the law is clear that a "discovery pass" is required and it's also clear the pass sold with a hunting license isn't a discovery pass......Live it up while it works as it's my guess that when they catch on this will change.

Yeah, you are probably right :haha:
IMAG0502.jpg

Latest posts