• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter work party jan 17th

Me, too... I'm beat. I had fun, tho :)

Anyone find a short handled (black plastic grip), flat-nose shovel out there? I lost track of it somewhere up around the upper creek crossing, and was hoping someone may have grabbed it from up there. I didn't notice it 'till we were already back down at the staging area...

Good times got some work done, nothing like doing Reiter in a two wheel drive ranger. It got the wood shavings spread. Always nice to work hard with people who will put in the time to have our park back.:awesomework:

Good times got some work done, nothing like doing Reiter in a two wheel drive ranger. It got the wood shavings spread. Always nice to work hard with people who will put in the time to have our park back.:awesomework:

Good times indeed. We got alot done! It was funny seeing you guys in the Ranger running places where the guy in the white 2wd Tundra kept getting stuck. He was a Dirtbiker and not a wheeler so you had to cut him a little slack. :cool:

Well I felt it was very disheartening to be out at Reiter closed the paths we were closing literally cutting the old Reiter in half and it probably will not go away until we start to actually start building new trails:booo:

Yes I understand what we were doing and why it is still very disheartening to be doing it.:puke:

My winch got a workout today. Yikes.
I'd like to extend a big thank you to the many who busted tail up and down that hill running cable, and straps, and to the excellent crew of winch masters, spooling assistants and spotters. Without everyone's dedicated help that day would have been much longer!
:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

A lot of really dedicated work from a vast majority of folks. Met a few folks I hadn't had the pleasure of putting a face to a name, and others that I hadn't seen in a while. :D

That was a very biting and stiff wind coming off the ridge testing all of the guy's patience. Hat's off to you guys who braved the elements and took the brunt of the weather, and the brunt of that hill doing that camper recovery.

Pics/video to follow later.

reiterJan2010135.jpg

reiterJan2010134.jpg

reiterJan2010133.jpg

reiterJan2010132.jpg

reiterJan2010131.jpg

reiterJan2010130.jpg

reiterJan2010129.jpg

reiterJan2010128.jpg

reiterJan2010127.jpg

reiterJan2010126.jpg

reiterJan2010125.jpg

reiterJan2010124.jpg

reiterJan2010123.jpg

reiterJan2010122.jpg

reiterJan2010121.jpg

reiterJan2010120.jpg

reiterJan2010119.jpg

reiterJan2010118.jpg

reiterJan2010117.jpg

reiterJan2010116.jpg

Today was a huge success. I want to say thanks guys for all your help, it was great to see everyone out there helping out, new folks and old alike - all you guys climbing up and down that steep ass hill with me, and all the guys collecting all the garbage down there, you guys kicked ass.
I can't say enough that it was a huge help to the process as a whole, I'm gonna be back out there on Tuesday with David Way finishing up a few odds and ends, and starting the process for the next round.
The more we keep this up the faster reiter will come back, we are going to try to have at least one a month.
:awesomework:

If you guys are not posting up your pics online, I'd like to request that you send them to me via email, as I am making a collaboration to put up our progress in stages of work party efforts. If you need my email address just ask.

Holy ****, I didn't know Reiter would look like that 41 years in the future:fawkdancesmiley:

Nice job guys! Thanks for your volunteer work! Wish i coulda made it out.:booo:

Holy ****, I didn't know Reiter would look like that 41 years in the future:fawkdancesmiley:

what's even better, is those that helped out as volunteers at Reiter, didn't age one freakin day (41 years later!):lmao::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

Karma, she's good for some things!

hey nicky, time to check the date stamp on your camera!

The Foreman

It was Ted and Eric as drivers / wincher's, myself and the boys from Bellingham, Jake and (I forgot your name, sorry.....Eric's passenger) for this crew. At the morning meeting, we received the opportunity to "obliterate" the entrance and exit(s) to Trail of Doom and the small loop before. Oh fun!:redneck:

The objective was to reduce the visible sight of these pathways from the old logging road / access road......and "block" them too.

Most material was winched and dragged from the sides of the trail. Some logs we moved were already in place from previous workparties. Those we repositioned back in place. Other logs we yanked (cut when needed) out from the the sides of the trail. "Maple Vine" looks natural and makes the trail less noticeable at a glance (again, our objective) so we used alot of that, as you can see. David from the DNR had also mentioned to avoid cutting down trees.......to instead use "debris" from the ground. But.....at our (in the end, my) discretion we could cut down and use Alders as part of the "obliteration". We strategically used 6 Alders (one very large) in 3 spots......the mudded area before the actual entrance to TOD, the hill climb exit and one small Alder at the original exit.

We all worked well together and I thank everyone in the crew for their efforts. Tree handling beasts you all are!!!:awesomework:

Lake Isabel Trail and TOD will be missed.......but, I'm over it. Work was asked of us by the DNR and we did it. I hope that whomever (hikers) inherits that beautiful area appreciates it as much as "us"......now that it's lost and gone to motorized use.

I hear there might be another Work Party soon.:; I'll be there.

Attachments

• IMAGE_336.jpg
    IMAGE_336.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAGE_335.jpg
    IMAGE_335.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAGE_334.jpg
    IMAGE_334.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAGE_332.jpg
    IMAGE_332.jpg