• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Remote reservoir clamp

rugger99

Who makes a remote reservoir clamp that is reasonably priced ? I am looking for one that clamps to 1.75" tube and is preferably made of either steel or aluminum. I have the factory rubber pieces and hose clamps but looking for something cleaner looking and sturdier. I checked Polyperformance and didn't find anything.

Yes, but the ones I found before were specifically designed to mount coilover reservoirs to 1.75" and 2" tube. I knew I should have written that info down laughing1

Badride said:
$37 dollhairs a piece. You call that affordable? :eek:

There is some in the first link like that for $20.

$37 for a clamp that will keep a reservoir firmly mounted to the bar that spans my shock hoops (which happens to be just above where the serpentine belt/pulleys are) is cheaper than the possibility of the rubber pad / hose clamp setup failing and allowing the reservoir to come into contact with the serpentine belt and pulleys and possibly ruining a wheeling weekend when I have to drive 6 hours to go play. Plus, it looks a lot cleaner and I am not a fan of using hose clamps for anything other than on radiator / fluid hoses . The other ones are not in stock and I did not see one for 1.75" tubing that was for $20...it was $27 or so.

Those are good clamps I run the same ones if recommend 2 per res one will work but it's a lot easier ( installing res and clamp to buggy need 47 hands ) and cleaner looking with two per res

NTIDWELL said:
Those are good clamps I run the same ones if recommend 2 per res one will work but it's a lot easier ( installing res and clamp to buggy need 47 hands ) and cleaner looking with two per res

Any issues ordering from Ballistic ? I never experienced any, but have heard several people express negative experiences during the 2009 - 2010 timeframe on Pirate.

rugger99 said:
Any issues ordering from Ballistic ? I never experienced any, but have heard several people express negative experiences during the 2009 - 2010 timeframe on Pirate.
I had no issues I ordered them early 2011 only thing I hand to do is grind em down a little bit to fit my res for blisteins There is many more blinged out ones on eBay since it is a more common way of mounting them now