• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reservoir Mount help

Dirt700

I know closer is better. I have a a spot right above the pump, but the fittings are to close. I can get some push lock, instead of the hydraulic fittings and save some room. I can also put it closer to the outside of frame, but I would need to bend a bar over it to help protect it. The easiest option it to mount it closer to the cab, but it would have about a 2ft run of hose.
570fd18d15c239aa3b9ff82b82291f57.jpg
7fbb5bd09305f13637a8b892e8c943ad.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Some more pictures of it by the pump just turned different
dfa1b1f44e1c520779a6344f3a10e50d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What bracket and pump are you running? Looks like your pressure line is pointed at the water pump. Clock the pump so the pressure line is straight up and down and that will give you room to run a short push lok hose for the feed.

What if you move the Reservoir back an inch or so. It shouldn't have to go back to much. The way you have it in the LAST picture, on the inside of the tube closest to the Pump.

Then you could use an AN Push lock barbed fitting "Straight" at the Reservoir and an AN push lock barbed "45" at the pump. The hose from the Reservoir to the Pump would then travel downward at a slight angle.

Both of these are on the "LOW" pressure side of the system...on the suction side.

Judging by the pictures that would keep it about where you have it now.

Just my thoughts.

Jduck said:
What bracket and pump are you running? Looks like your pressure line is pointed at the water pump. Clock the pump so the pressure line is straight up and down and that will give you room to run a short push lok hose for the feed.
Ict billet, there's not a way to clock it that I have noticed. But I also haven't thought about that either. I will look tomorrow

ftoy516 said:
What if you move the Reservoir back an inch or so. It shouldn't have to go back to much. The way you have it in the LAST picture, on the inside of the tube closest to the Pump.

Then you could use an AN Push lock barbed fitting "Straight" at the Reservoir and an AN push lock barbed "45" at the pump. The hose from the Reservoir to the Pump would then travel downward at a slight angle.

Both of these are on the "LOW" pressure side of the system...on the suction side.

Judging by the pictures that would keep it about where you have it now.

Just my thoughts.
It is as far as it will go unless I mount it the the engine cage.

I guess I could put it on passenger side of buggy, directly across from the pump. Only would be a 9-10 inches of hose at most that way.

PSC claims closer is better , HOWE says further is better cuz you add volume to your system . I've mounted them both ways and haven't noticed a difference just as long as it's flowing down to the pump and not up hill.

Mount it where it makes sense and you still have down hill flow to the pump. Go bigger feed line since it's not a pressure line, push lock would be fine.

On my buggy, I probably have a 2' down hill run to the pump from resi. I think my feed line is a -10 or -12

Rockwells607 said:
PSC claims closer is better , HOWE says further is better cuz you add volume to your system . I've mounted them both ways and haven't noticed a difference just as long as it's flowing down to the pump and not up hill.
Thanks, up by can is going to work best, this chassis is pretty tight quarters

wizzo said:
Mount it where it makes sense and you still have down hill flow to the pump. Go bigger feed line since it's not a pressure line, push lock would be fine.

On my buggy, I probably have a 2' down hill run to the pump from resi. I think my feed line is a -10 or -12
It has a -12 feed, I just got the hydraulic hose from work to see what would fit and it was free. But I may end up with push lock for feed and cooler lines since it's a little easier to work with

Don't limit yourself to just using the mount that goes around the can, I built a bracket and used the threaded holes in the bottom side of the reservoir.

grcthird said:
Don't limit yourself to just using the mount that goes around the can, I built a bracket and used the threaded holes in the bottom side of the reservoir.
I'm definitely going to try and use the threaded holes
as well. I put the winch in place today, now I'm 99% sure it will be closer to cab. It looks like I'm going to need a 90 for the air filter. I have to go the direction where the reservoir would have been. Because to the passenger side will be the alt.