• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ROADTRIP!! Headed to Maryland

Eddyj

Looks like Monday im headed to just north of D.C. Anyone got any info for me? Anything cool to see or do in that area. I may take a couple hours and drive through D.C.
I'll have an empty one ton on the way there, if I could make some fuel money delivering something, message me.

I worked around there quite a bit when I started my job. The traffic is ridiculous. You couldn't pay me to drive around that place again.

Re:

I drove up to Rockford and bought a rig, then went to Gore VA wheelin.

Traffic was dumb, toll roads are dumb, and I didn't see anything cool.

Traffic is absolutely going to blow. 95 sucks bad. It is pretty close to time for the Cherry Blossom festival in DC. The Marine Corps Museum is right off 95 in Quantico, is truck and trailer friendly and is totally worth seeing. PM me your number if you want any more suggestions. I spent almost 7 years there.

Try to spend as much time in DC as possible. So much history. Even a week is not enough. Take the bus into town. They picked us up at the campgrounds. I think the name was GreyLine. Double decker bus tour in DC is great. You can jump on and off them all day long, just get the day pass. They make for a great "taxi" around town.

Maryland f'n sucks :****:.....I used to haul cars in and out of there. As said above the traffic is some of the worst in the country. Every time I went I just prayed to get out of there alive and in one piece :****:

I'm sure there's some cool stuff to do/see in D.C. but the surrounding areas suck balls. Anyways, good luck and have fun.

To me everything there was extremely congested, terrible and the cost of living there is out the ROOF!

If you go into Baltimore one night go down to the Inner Harbor. Lots of little bars and food joints and you've never really had Crab Cakes till you have them in Maryland.
Stay on the toll roads at night. Don't try to avoid them, you will not like some of the neighborhoods at night.

Got a motel in DC tonight. If you never drove a 4 door 4x4 duelly in downtown DC I would highly recommend it!

Try it pulling a 24' enclosed trailer without GPS and just site seeing. It can get really interesting. I could barely get within site of the white house. Cops keep jumping out and making me turn.

Cherry blossoms in DC are amazing. So much history of real Americans in one place. Seeing all this Makes me want to punch a lot of people who feel they are privileged in the ding dong.
Headed to Gettysburg.