• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock Bouncer Carb's?

Pineygroveoffroad

I've noticed a couple bouncers running carburetor's Big Tim Bacon and Donald Powell. Does anyone on here know which carb they are running or mods to the carb to get it to perform in a bouncer?

Re:

Big Tim's is a double pumper Holley, still haven't figured out how it runs like it does. But he says he has been running it over 30 years like that.

Is it just the easy access of gas ? Just curious why not run propane? And yall know ALOT more thsn me, but propane seems Safer to me.. Am i wrong? Nothin more scary to me than a gas fire on the side of a hill... :dunno:

Propane is only able to support 325 horse due to the 425 cfm rating on most kits. And this usually starts a pissing match, so sorry for that before it starts.

Pineygroveoffroad said:
I've noticed a couple bouncers running carburetor's Big Tim Bacon and Donald Powell. Does anyone on here know which carb they are running or mods to the carb to get it to perform in a bouncer?
I've been wondering about what mods there doing myself. I'd really like to have the 4 barrel back on my ol motor. The motor craft 2 barrel is working fine but it just don't have that extra umpf when you get into it.

Re: Re: Re: Rock Bouncer Carb's?

June dog said:
I've been wondering about what mods there doing myself. I'd really like to have the 4 barrel back on my ol motor. The motor craft 2 barrel is working fine but it just don't have that extra umpf when you get into it.
Dual motorcrafts!

I've considered it myself...

Keep the good info flowing on this... I constantly see deals on built race small blocks and big blocks and pass em up because of the cost to fuel inject them with all the electronic BS to go with it.

Not a bouncer, but I have the motorcraft 2100 on my CJ7 with the AMC V8 304. It does really well at just about every angle. Nobody ever believes me when I tell them my jeep has a carb.

Re:

Not a bouncer here either, but I had a holley 750 on my yj first time out and it ran like ****, the least bit off camber and it would flood itself out, which made it a real pain to do anything. Put a rebuilt q jet on it and it runs like a top now, no matter what kinda angle it's setting at

My buggy is efi but a close wheelin friend of mine has a YJ with a tbi 454 and he is rebuilding it right now ,.30 over, good rotating assembly, aluminum heads, custom cam etc. but he doesn't have the coin for good efi. He was having issues with it before rebuilding it and we noticed Big Tim and Donald Powell both are running carbs and both run very well, he mentioned to me to try and find out what they are running so here this thread is.

All you have to do is tap the bowl on the right place above the float and pull with a faucet pump or two back to the tank....

Latest posts