• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock crawl area @ Walker Valley

Well this recent news of the cherocar guys "adopting" the expressway has me discouraged about the future of Walker. The one kinda fun trail with one hard spot and they are gonna go "fix" the bypasses.:looser:
They should adopt the jeep cross trail, whats left of that trail is just :rb: enough for cars with eight windows. I am now much more motivated to attend the meeting next week, this just don't seem right.

Sorry if I pissed off any XJ guys, I came off alittle harsh on NAXJA and stirred up more **** than I could wade through. Not my style but I got defensive cause I like the expressway and want it harder, not easier.

Sorry if I pissed off any XJ guys, I came off alittle harsh on NAXJA and stirred up more **** than I could wade through. Not my style but I got defensive cause I like the expressway and want it harder, not easier.

There all fags on NAXJA anyway...I mean really, what kind of retards wheel XJ's :haha: :haha: :haha:

There all fags on NAXJA anyway...I mean really, what kind of retards wheel XJ's :haha: :haha: :haha:

Thats always been my thought also, I drive one to work but think its just stupid to wheel a station wagon :haha: :haha: :haha:

They wondered why I joined months ago and never posted :rolleyes:

Well this recent news of the cherocar guys "adopting" the expressway has me discouraged about the future of Walker. The one kinda fun trail with one hard spot and they are gonna go "fix" the bypasses.:looser:
They should adopt the jeep cross trail, whats left of that trail is just :rb: enough for cars with eight windows. I am now much more motivated to attend the meeting next week, this just don't seem right.

Last time I checked, they were the only folks willing to actually adopt a trail and put thier name on it.

According to DNR standards, that means they have to maintain it at least every two months. The DNR loves that kind of support, if you want to do it, more power to ya. But they got there first.

Way to ass sit, and bitch on the internet.

****ing web wheelers. :haha:

Last time I checked, they were the only folks willing to actually adopt a trail and put thier name on it.

According to DNR standards, that means they have to maintain it at least every two months. The DNR loves that kind of support, if you want to do it, more power to ya. But they got there first.

there you have it so lets take the cherokee bashing somewhere else and keep the thread on topic please.

Yep I'm just a web wheeler :fawkdancesmiley:

Quotes from the adoptees:
"Most difficult obstacles should have legit bypasses"

"Not everyone can make every obstacle so there should be some bypasses, if you don't know that stay off the trail"

"So far I've had to winch my XJ in order to get onto the Expressway from either side.... I really need lockers."

Why don't they adopt a different trail, sounds like the expressway is too hard.
I didn't know the expressway was even up for adoption, and being just one guy I am more than willing to help out a larger group but I would have to agree with the objective of work being done. I'm not gonna waste my time helping make bypasses so open diff rigs can run the expressway. I guess there is a fine line between bitching and voicing your opinion.

I ran the expressway with a bunch of open diffed subarus. The only bypass they took was at the rock ledge. The line all the way to the left.

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to drive.

But don't bash them for actually taking action to maintain a trail. Better yet show up to one of thier work parties so you can have a voice.

It just seems to me that the folks that do all the bitching are the ones who are helping out the least.

Quotes from the adoptees:
"Most difficult obstacles should have legit bypasses"

"Not everyone can make every obstacle so there should be some bypasses,.....

Personally, I agree with that. I know some people don't but *I* feel that if all (or atleast most-all) 'difficult' obstacles had an alternative route, the trails would likely be less torn up that they are now. If you can't make it, go around rather than tear it up trying, or even winching some obstacles you can tear things up (wheel spin). Or widening the trail to 'turn around' as people like to tell others to do. Or if you have a broken rig or whatever. An 'easy' route with less impact since there is such a huge variety of vehicles and skill levels (and brain cells) out there to preserve the more difficult lines yet still let folks travel as a group.

I ran the expressway with a bunch of open diffed subarus. The only bypass they took was at the rock ledge. The line all the way to the left.

Last time I ran the expressway (granted it was a few years ago) that was the only REAL obstacle on the trail... and the one that had the biggest issues with illegal bypasses. That rock ledge was pretty much the only reason to run the trail.
________
The cigar boss

Last edited:

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to drive.

But don't bash them for actually taking action to maintain a trail. Better yet show up to one of thier work parties so you can have a voice.

It just seems to me that the folks that do all the bitching are the ones who are helping out the least.

I'm not bashing them for taking action, just questioning the action taken. And I had planned on being there Saturday but work stuff came up. I don't just bitch on the internet, but trying to voice my thoughts since I can't make this work party. I actually wheeled Walker not too long ago and there was not a damn thing wrong with the trails. Almost no garbage even, but I picked some up like I always do:awesomework:

Personally, I agree with that. I know some people don't but *I* feel that if all (or atleast most-all) 'difficult' obstacles had an alternative route, the trails would likely be less torn up that they are now. If you can't make it, go around rather than tear it up trying, or even winching some obstacles you can tear things up (wheel spin). Or widening the trail to 'turn around' as people like to tell others to do. Or if you have a broken rig or whatever. An 'easy' route with less impact since there is such a huge variety of vehicles and skill levels (and brain cells) out there to preserve the more difficult lines yet still let folks travel as a group.

X2:awesomework:

totally disagree!! The ratio of easy/moderate/hard trails to "very hard/extreme" trails is 100:1? who knows? I see peole running the bypasses on sack-up that would be better suited to run lake Isabell.Look at Rhino land....ruined by bypass around bypass around bypass etc.because stockish rigs get so far BECAUSE of bypasses and then make more to continue.....never ends.Had they stayed on a trail suited to their rig,NOT EGO, everyone in the trail system benefits.OM was built(to me anyway) as a sanctuary of FROM the bypass mentality and running into stockers WAY IN OVER THEIR HEAD.

totally disagree!! The ratio of easy/moderate/hard trails to "very hard/extreme" trails is 100:1? who knows? I see peole running the bypasses on sack-up that would be better suited to run lake Isabell.Look at Rhino land....ruined by bypass around bypass around bypass etc.because stockish rigs get so far BECAUSE of bypasses and then make more to continue.....never ends.Had they stayed on a trail suited to their rig,NOT EGO, everyone in the trail system benefits.OM was built(to me anyway) as a sanctuary of FROM the bypass mentality and running into stockers WAY IN OVER THEIR HEAD.

If your in a parking lot--and its empty--do you follow the rows or shoot straight for a parking spot close to the store?

Really whats the difference? If you build a trail--and creat "controlled" bypass's you can control the amount of damage.

Myself I prefer to keep a trail with one single route--but that requires education to users--and usually people would rather bitch about noobs than really do anything to teach them right--hell even once in a while I just drive past those people (because some times I need a break too)..

What makes a "controlled bypass"? Who is going to control it? What happens when this controlled bypass is too difficult for a group and they want yet another bypass?

Latest posts