• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwells make your sac swell!

Does anyone have any info on rear steer valve that I can control using a joystick I don't need return to center just what parts to use to make my own setup I don't want a log splinter valve I found a thread a while back but can't find it now

Re: Re: Rockwells make your sac swell!

jccarter1 said:
Does anyone have any info on rear steer valve that I can control using a joystick I don't need return to center just what parts to use to make my own setup I don't want a log splinter valve I found a thread a while back but can't find it now
You are looking for an electric solenoid valve.

Northern tool sells them reasonably priced.

You might also want a pilot operated check valve to keep the steering from wandering (sometimes its not an issue, sometimes it is)

jccarter1 said:
I have run a parker electronic solenoid valve for many years . Small, lightweight , and works flawless. Combine it with your joystick of choice and your ready to rock out. I run a OEM controls 2 axis bam series joystick that is pricey, but great for outdoor elements.send me your number and I will give you part numbers.

So apparently if oh take an axle that has been sitting unused for 20ish years and throw it on the front of a rig without doing proper maintenance it will leak out of every seal. Who knew. :dunno:
I've replace hub bearings on one side, the other side looks fine. I haven't checked the pinion but it has no noticeable slop or noise.

I'm going to go through the front axle. Anyone have a good rebuild kit that saves some money. Anything I should double check while I'm in it or upgrade?

Contact Jim Gerst for axle seals, stock ones are so hit or miss and frustrating they leak and make a mess, Jim makes and awesome seal and retainer support for the price of stock stuff that doesn't leak !

e2de1cc79ddd28bdcaf2c7d962081863.jpg

Excessive swelling can happen and cause extensive damage!

There is video which is very anticlimactic. Looks like it may have been cracked and he just happen to hit it just right.

Don't recognize the buggy I don't guess? Who's is it? Definitely not a hard hit? Maybe when it was in the Duce it ran over a land mine or something? That's what I would have to tell folks anyways! Haha