• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rogue Benders?

TEXASMUDMAFIA said:
Hey Joe, i bought the one that wont bend 90 degrees how much would it cost me to get the new parts to make it updated????

Thank You Joe Wall

Joe,

Every piece in the frame and the bend wheels are different. You will reuse the hardware and die set only. $375 plus shipping. There isn't much more for features we can add in the future, so you shouldn't have any incentive to upgrade anything in the future. This will get you to the version that can bend 1.75x.250, and 2 inch tube.

Thanks,
Joe

Dont sweat it joe... I bent a piece of 1.5" 120 wall and it kinked the tube and bent the ram i got 80 degrees on my degree finder, and you have to disassemble the bender to get the tube out... i dont know if im doing something wrong but any help would be great!!!

TEXASMUDMAFIA said:
Dont sweat it joe... I bent a piece of 1.5" 120 wall and it kinked the tube and bent the ram i got 80 degrees on my degree finder, and you have to disassemble the bender to get the tube out... i dont know if im doing something wrong but any help would be great!!!

Joe- Yikes! Something is wrong. Not necessarily anything you are doing, could be material related. And it could be our fault (hasn't happened yet on a bender, but we know it will someday). You have a LONG PM in your inbox. Lets diagnose this together and get your machine bending the way it was designed to.

Thanks for letting us know. We will get to the bottom of it.

Joe

I wish that i had a vertical bender like the rogue it seems like it would make things SO damned easy to just put a digital angle finder on your tube as you bend it and know exactly where to stop at

Re:

Bumping this old thread up to see if anybody is using this bender and how they like it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have one I've been using for a few years now. It works really well but has its ups and downs compared to the jd or protools. Things I like, vertical bending seems to use less floor space, block that clamps on the tube/no slip at beginning of bend, how easy it is to repeat the same bends. Things I dislike, changing dies sucks especially by yourself, the aluminum slider blocks get scratched up easily leaving scratches in the next tubes that are bent. Overall it's not bad, it gets the job done and Id recommend it.

Same here. It's the only bender I've ever used but I'm not sure how it could be much better. I had them swap out the regular follower for a roller right away for a few bucks more. I can put the clamp on the end of the tube and bend a full 180° without it slipping at all. Plus you get to weld it up yourself and paint it how you want. :dblthumb:

I am new to fabrication but purchased a bender from Joe at Roguefab last spring. My main deciding factor was service and price. I bought the bender, the 1.75 die with 6" CLR, the versanotcher, Bendtech pro, some hole saws and extra arbors for $1,600 or $1,700. It was pretty easy to assemble and I find it easy to use. The only thing I would change is to make a notch at the tube clamp side so I can get my ratchet wrench over the bolt without hitting the plates. The most time I have in bending a tube is tightening the tube clamp. I bent up my whole rzr cage with their unit. Check out my build in the SXS section of the forum.

This Thread is back from the dead I'm sure the input from the guys who bought it and also from Rogue Fab from any additions and revisions made does this setup include the 180 die or the 90?

SVT

RangerSVT said:
This Thread is back from the dead I'm sure the input from the guys who bought it and also from Rogue Fab from any additions and revisions made does this setup include the 180 die or the 90?

SVT

All our dies bend 195 degrees. Thank you for asking.

Neal3000 said:
I wish that i had a vertical bender like the rogue it seems like it would make things SO damned easy to just put a digital angle finder on your tube as you bend it and know exactly where to stop at

Yes and I have a hard time bending two seperate bends in one piece while staying on plane. Jmr here. They say the material will make it draw some...hrew.
And making sure it's level with a long piece isn't easy either

I've got one like those from trick tools. It just takes a lot of practice to figure out the tics of the machine. I just about narrowed it down to the welded seam tube, causes it to draw depending on the seam location on the die. Jmr suggests to have the seam up or down to help. Sorry for the derail....if anything it's a one up for the design of rogue.

That made since to me also (seam in) but the jmr man said seam up or down?? It's all close enough for me either way tho.