• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rolled tube paging Kush

85toyo

I know a few of you have done it and I was curious what method you use when rolling tube with a regular bender. This was my first try and it turned out alright.

68" total length, 45* bends 5" from each end, the stretch in the middle got a 2* bend every 2". 1* every inch would probably give a smoother look but it would also be painfully slow.

That one needs a bath and a carb rebuild. I haven't driven it in about two years now. You know anybody that's good with Aisin carbs?

Eddyj said:
Rocfun is in Gardendale he has a roller. I'm sure if you hit him up he would hook you up.

Wish I could drop it off with Patrick but I'm going to finish this one out myself.

Not sure if that was a jab at me?

I was going to take two sticks to him and just have him roll them so I would have rolled tube when I needed it, (which he was willing to do) one thing led to another and he ended up making mine look mo better.

Eddyj said:
Not sure if that was a jab at me?

I was going to take two sticks to him and just have him roll them so I would have rolled tube when I needed it, (which he was willing to do) one thing led to another and he ended up making mine look mo better.

Not at all. He does great work and I would like to have him work on mine but I'd rather put the extra money towards parts instead of labor.

85toyo said:
That one needs a bath and a carb rebuild. I haven't driven it in about two years now. You know anybody that's good with Aisin carbs?

I don't really know anybody who is good with carbs anymore. Although guaranteedcarburators.com is really good, and they put in parts resistant to ethanol.

Yo yo... Man. That looks good. ****.. After sittin and thinkin about this **** that day, I came up with the same thing u said , the closer the bend the better it will look.. Is not the outside edge that U may not like, it's gonna be the inside.. Was for me anyways.. Leaves VERY slight "ripples" where the bender die starts , I guess that's where they come from. But hell, I figured it like this... I need a couple rolled pieces.. I have NOT one person I know of that has a roller, I'm not spending the money on one for 2 or so bends.. I'm not lazy, and bending tube is NOT hard, plus I can smoke a Fukin hydraulic benders ASS.. I did mine every 3" and went to the same mark as you did. I see that u figured to bend more at one spot where u want the "rolled" part to stop and put a diff angle in ..
Ok i gotta admit, I did mine and didn't like the slightly raised bumps that the bender left. So after staring at it and trying to talk myself into jusy puttin it on, I decided to take my grinder with a flap disk and run it down the inside edge. Tryin to only hit the raised parts ever so slightly and make them disappear...

I look at it like this.. If a man don't like manual labor and has a stash of money to spend on a roller, to bend a few pieces, then that's prob a good idea for him.
But I have read enough to know that you will do what your doing now,(as would I obviously) And make due with what you have .. Takes maybe 20 min to bend a couple pieces.. That's not bad... Or hard...

* Eddyj... I think 85Toyo has the same attitude about his rig as I do on my own ****... And that's , There's NO way I'm paying anyone to do somthing unless it's absolutley Necessary... Just not gonna happen. I don't care if I have to nig rig **** to work.. As most of you know, I will.. And it will work .. For me there's Just something about havin a working rig that ya built with your own 2 hands..

kushKrawlin said:
Yo yo... Man. That looks good. ****.. After sittin and thinkin about this **** that day, I came up with the same thing u said , the closer the bend the better it will look.. Is not the outside edge that U may not like, it's gonna be the inside.. Was for me anyways.. Leaves VERY slight "ripples" where the bender die starts , I guess that's where they come from. But hell, I figured it like this... I need a couple rolled pieces.. I have NOT one person I know of that has a roller, I'm not spending the money on one for 2 or so bends.. I'm not lazy, and bending tube is NOT hard, plus I can smoke a Fukin hydraulic benders ASS.. I did mine every 3" and went to the same mark as you did. I see that u figured to bend more at one spot where u want the "rolled" part to stop and put a diff angle in ..
Ok i gotta admit, I did mine and didn't like the slightly raised bumps that the bender left. So after staring at it and trying to talk myself into jusy puttin it on, I decided to take my grinder with a flap disk and run it down the inside edge. Tryin to only hit the raised parts ever so slightly and make them disappear...

I look at it like this.. If a man don't like manual labor and has a stash of money to spend on a roller, to bend a few pieces, then that's prob a good idea for him.
But I have read enough to know that you will do what your doing now,(as would I obviously) And make due with what you have .. Takes maybe 20 min to bend a couple pieces.. That's not bad... Or hard...

* Eddyj... I think 85Toyo has the same attitude about his rig as I do on my own ****... And that's , There's NO way I'm paying anyone to do somthing unless it's absolutley Necessary... Just not gonna happen. I don't care if I have to nig rig **** to work.. As most of you know, I will.. And it will work .. For me there's Just something about havin a working rig that ya built with your own 2 hands..

The inside is what doesn't look all that great as you said. Lucky for me the inside of the tubes won't really be seen. I was mainly just curious how far you had spaced your bends. I may try 1" spacing on the next one.

kushKrawlin said:

I'm not sure if you have ever look at my build thread or rig up close but I promise you not an extra penny was spent. On any unnecessary parts or labor. The only thing new on the whole rig was the cheapest suspension seats I could find. I am the king of cheap.
When I "rolled" my dash bar I actuall stuck it in my frame and bent it around a rim. I was whining about how overpriced the local 4x4 shops are and rocfun offered to roll my tubing for free. I didn't know him at the time so I felt funny going to a guys house to bend a piece of tubing.
However after I finished my rig way under budget I did let him redo my top for me.
Anyways, build is looking good. Get it done and we will find some local spots to hit.

Eddyj said:
I'm not sure if you have ever look at my build thread or rig up close but I promise you not an extra penny was spent. On any unnecessary parts or labor. The only thing new on the whole rig was the cheapest suspension seats I could find. I am the king of cheap.
When I "rolled" my dash bar I actuall stuck it in my frame and bent it around a rim. I was whining about how overpriced the local 4x4 shops are and rocfun offered to roll my tubing for free. I didn't know him at the time so I felt funny going to a guys house to bend a piece of tubing.
However after I finished my rig way under budget I did let him redo my top for me.
Anyways, build is looking good. Get it done and we will find some local spots to hit.

Thanks man. 3 vacations in the last month and a half has killed my parts funds. Still trying to knock out what I can though.